wadkin mf chain and chisel mortiser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siddy

Reaction score
hi everyone, i have recently purchased a wadkin mf mortiser and have found that there is play in the chisel slideways which means that when the stop engages i can see the chisel move slightly towards me, unlike my wadkin ek tenoner the slideways are not dovetail but flat guides.
My question is does anyone know if there is any way of adjusting the slide bars to take up the slack, i think the motor edge which slides up and down the slide bars has become worn over the years.

Siddy, can you take some pictures? After a couple of posts (to get past the spam filters) you should be able to show us the problem. My first guess would be shimming, but that may not be practical.

Kirk

Wadkin are still in business as an arm of Daltons (who bought them from the liquidator in 2010), they may well be able to furnish you with genuine spare parts or provide a full service.

Have a look at the parts list on their website and see if it helps you narrow down the cause.

Back