wadkin grinder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallace

Established Member
Reaction score
I got this off ebay recently, I want to use it for polishing parts

I managed to get the bearings out but the shaft will have to stay where it is because the pulley wheel will not come off.

I might have to leave the motor mount in place ass well because the bar that it pivots on is impossible to get too, I don't know how they got it in.

I did a bit polishing today

And then stripped the motor, the bearings had green grease. Does anyone know if its a specific grease for motor bearings?

"I might have to leave the motor mount in place ass well because the bar that it pivots on is impossible to get too, I don't know how they got it in."

Undo the 4 bolts (on the outside at the back), then turn the bracket 90 degrees so the shaft can come out vertically.

A little more progress, spent some time with a flapper disc in the grinder and then a bit car bodge.

Mark

Isn't the uk weird, yesterday I was driving through 3 feet of water because of heavy rain. Today I'm spraying outside in the sun (hammer)

Mark

Love your restorations. Both what you do and how quick you seem to do them. Keep em coming

Mark

Thanks Mark, this grinder is really basic so has been quite quick to do. I do have another PK and a big bandsaw in the cue that are pretty rough which will take quite abit of work.

Hi Mark

Hats off to you Sir, very fine work indeed. Nice to see old machines given a makeover and new lease of life.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Thanks for the comments, My next resto will be quite an epic. Its the big DR bandsaw and it is pretty rough.

Latest posts

Back