Wadkin EQ brake parts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ger_58

Reaction score
Hi
I'm new to the forum and I am very impressed and grateful to be allowed in such good company,I am based in Ireland and I have recently retired early from my joinery business which I ran with my wife for 37 years.
I am now refurbishing some Wadkin machines which I will be putting into a large garage I have as a type of man cave for some hobby work.
I am currently refurbishing a Wadkin EQ spindle as the pics along with a BGP 1200 saw,the only thing is I am missing is the EQ full hand brake mechanism handle, casting,shoe the whole lot,does anyone out there maybe have a doner machine with one they dont need or have the parts I'm looking for which I will gladly buy.
I would be really grateful for a response, I have posted pics of my progress so far and I will post some more pics when I have the project completed.
Thanks Ger_58

Attachments

• IMG_5865.jpg
    IMG_5865.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5991.jpg
    IMG_5991.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6006.jpg
    IMG_6006.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 28
You could try Daltons or AMS for genuine new parts - but if they have them you may need to use your entire retirement savings to pay for them. Also watch ebayUK for parts or a parts machine.

But hopefully someone here will have something.

Could you kindly post a picture of the EQ "Wadkin Ltd" tag? It looks like a late 1950s, or 1960s machine to me.

Cheers, Vann.

Thanks Vann,
Yes have looked at Daltons and AMS man their stuff must be made from gold.
I will post the tag tomorrow when I get a pic.
Even if someone who has one could post a pic and a sketch with some dimensions I could fabricate a good replica myself at the moment I dont have anything to go by as I have zero pieces.
Cheers,GER

Hi Van
This is the tag from the spindle,am I right in saying year 1972
GER

Attachments

• IMG_6059.jpg
    IMG_6059.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 9
Vann
I really appreciate this and I hope we can get a good response from someone there.
can I ask how do you decipher the year from the tag number on the machine,
GER

...can I ask how do you decipher the year from the tag number on the machine,

Unfortunately you can't decipher the test number, you need the list. Purely by coincidence (planets aligning sort of stuff) if your test number begins with 57 it was made in 1957 - but then it goes out of alignment again. Anyways, I use the list on wallace's Wadkin Restorations website. Allowing for the odd typo it seams to be accurate - for example my Wadkin PK (PKA 800, test 25031) dates to 1945 on Wallace's list - it came with a packing list from Wadkin's Green Lane works dated 19th September, 1945.

Packing List.jpg

There are plenty of other examples too.

Cheers, Vann.

Hi @Ger_58 i don’t know if you do Facebook but there’s a group on there called the Wadkin Appreciation group, they seem a very knowledgeable & helpful bunch who seem willing to help out with spares etc if they can, might be worth a look.

Hi @Ger_58 i don’t know if you do Facebook but there’s a group on there called the Wadkin Appreciation group, they seem a very knowledgeable & helpful bunch who seem willing to help out with spares etc if they can, might be worth a look.

Thanks for that Doug
GER

Unfortunately you can't decipher the test number, you need the list. Purely by coincidence (planets aligning sort of stuff) if your test number begins with 57 it was made in 1957 - but then it goes out of alignment again. Anyways, I use the list on wallace's Wadkin Restorations website. Allowing for the odd typo it seams to be accurate - for example my Wadkin PK (PKA 800, test 25031) dates to 1945 on Wallace's list - it came with a packing list from Wadkin's Green Lane works dated 19th September, 1945.

View attachment 105337

There are plenty of other examples too.

Cheers, Vann.

Hi Vann
Thanks for the info,I will look at that list.
GER

Back