Wadkin DR 30" up and running Video A year in the making.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tool613

Established Member
Reaction score
I move the 30 " Wadkin DR band saw to the mill shop today. I have had this saw in the bench shop for a year now. I had rebuilt this last winter and had changed my mind as to it being in the Bench shop. I ended up putting the Bursgreen MF in the bench shop for finer work.today I put the table on and ran some wood through it for the first time. Its an old blade 6 point so it not cutting great i will order a new 16.5 foot 3 point. This is a DMD(direct motor drive) saw with a blade SFPM(surface feet per minute) of 6476. The high speed saws are a little louder too.
The wadkin has solid steel pulleys and so it takes some time to come up to speed. this is a 550 volt 3 phase of house hold single.

here is the rebuild thread for those that are interested in the saw.

wadkin-30-dra-1950s-t46636.html?hilit
The dime shacks just a little at the start up but stays standing. the piece of wood in front is so the wind from the wheels/ saw does blow the coins over.

Enjoy I did
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYVqoiWFeBg&feature=plcp

jack
English machines

Jack, as usual very nice work. How is the planer comeing along. Did you win the machine tag
Mark

wallace":2bnn2bdp said:
Jack, as usual very nice work. How is the planer coming along. Did you win the machine tag
Mark
Mark i got it.

Thank you for the heads up. Its the little things that matter to me now. being so far from home its great that there are people that care about the history of the greatest machine makers in the world. The wadkin RM will kick ass.

peace out

jack

Back