• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wadkin crown guard and support for PK/PP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Bain

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for a crown guard (or a restoration project that once was a crown guard) for a Wadkin PK (ideally) or PP (maybe more realistic) dimension saw.

I'm missing the whole assembly (vertical pillar, horizontal arm, and guard). I have a reasonably equipped workshop so can easily make some parts to sort an incomplete one!

Photo is shamelesly grabbed from the web (credited to wallace) - I don't expect to find one in this condition though!

Alan

Attachments

• crown.jpg
    crown.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 24
It might be easier to buy a whole machine. Machines like the AX or AZA come up every so often and dont make a lot of money. They share the same column as the PK but the crown guard is mounted diagnaly as opposed to 9O degrees. The crown guard are meant for 18" blades, because they are older they are usually made of brass.
A proper PK brass crown guard will sell for £15O. I picked a full machine AX for £7O and then £6O to ship it

Thank you for a very good suggestion! WIll have to keep a look at - and thanks for that restoration story, it helped encourage me to "need" a PK

Alan. Did you have any luck sourcing the parts you needed here? I'm in the exact same position now as you were just over two years ago. We've recently purchased a PP to replace our old SQ, the only issue I have is that it has a riving knife mounted guard, and when canted, the weight of the guard pulls the knife out of alignment with the blade, and then, well, you can guess the rest. So, at the expense of crashing your thread, I'm in the market for the same bits you were two years ago. If anyone out there that reads this has the parts, please drop a line.

Back