Wadkin C600 bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJM

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience or knowledge of the Wadkin C600 bandsaw? I specifically need to know the height of the machine, but any other comments or observations are welcome.

Cheers

Exactly! The manual for my existing machine does show height, and so I assumed it was a reasonable thing to expect to find in the manual… but no!
the Wadkin BZB24 is 2133mm high -so that might give you an indication

This appears to be the same machine, but unsure?
Could ask New Yorkshire workshop if you can't find an answer,
maybe some folk here or on the other place have a contact, or even an answer for you already.

I think we can do an approximate with some simple arithmetic

Height to the table - 33.5"
Depth under saw guide - 18.5"
Wheel diameter - 23.6"
Together that adds up to 75.6"
But we still need the actual height of the top box, which from pics looks to have the wheel close to the top of it, about 1" and about 5" below.
Also the guides won't go all the way to the top, so there will be a few inches between the highest cut and the bottom of the top box, I would think about another 5".

So hazard a guess at approximately 86" total height, or about 7'.

I think we can do an approximate with some simple arithmetic

Height to the table - 33.5"
Depth under saw guide - 18.5"
Wheel diameter - 23.6"
Together that adds up to 75.6"
But we still need the actual height of the top box, which from pics looks to have the wheel close to the top of it, about 1" and about 5" below.
Also the guides won't go all the way to the top, so there will be a few inches between the highest cut and the bottom of the top box, I would think about another 5".

So hazard a guess at approximately 86" total height, or about 7'.

Yes, I’d eyed it up in a similar manner, but was hoping for something more concrete

Back