Wadkin Bursgreen Woodturning Lathe + Dewalt 110 Radial Arm Saw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

workshopted

Established Member
Reaction score
As I've retired from all woodworking now - and due to the fact that the roof of my garden workshop is rapidly deteriorating, I'm looking for a new home for these two quality machines before they go too far (they have already picked up some rust.

Advice from the community please: Thoughts on what would be a fair price to ask for each machine (or sold as a pair) would be much appreciated.

Note, I'm not interested in making a killing here; I just want them both to go to a good home.

Regards,

Ted.
645 (2).PNG
DSCN0501.JPG

In Bristol.
DSCN0503.JPG
DSCN0505.JPG
DSCN0504.JPG

The radial,arm saw is pretty much worthless I would say....they've been superseded by chop saws.

There is a Wadkin BXL lathe on eBay with a starting bid of £542 so see what it goes for.

The radial,arm saw is pretty much worthless I would say....they've been superseded by chop saws.

There is a Wadkin BXL lathe on eBay with a starting bid of £542 so see what it goes for.
I've never used a chop saw but I have a feeling that one might struggle to rip an 8' by 4' sheet of ply down the middle with one, Robin.

Many thanks for the info re the lathe on eBay.

I'd say that both are excellent tools and better than nearly any new dung. The RAS I'd think would be worth around £300 - £350, the lathe £550 to £650

Our market is different than yours but radial arm saws like that one are hard to sell at $50Can to $100Can so I would be surprised to see it go for anything even close ($520Can to $600Can) that you are suggesting. I've watched an even better saw sit on Facebook Marketplace for over 2 weeks and they are only asking $150Can. The lathe would be a slow sell for those prices here but eventually would sell to a Wadkin lover or one liking the older lathes. There was an online auction company clearing high school shops including Powermatic lathes and they went from $300Can to $600Can. The same lathes privately might go for a couple hundred more. I don't mean to throw water on the expectations but a survey of online and brick and mortar used tool companies, Ebay etc, and the adds on this and other forum classifieds would give a better idea of the prices that can be had. Less for quick sales and more if you have the time to wait.

Pete

My experience with tools of this type, too big for most amateurs but too small or old for most professionals, is that the market is small. This means if you want a good price you have to find the correct buyer, either you will be waiting a while or you expand your market by sorting out shipping and getting the equipment palletised.

Looking on ebay sold listings there have been a few DW110 RAS sold for £50-£150, the low end likely saws that are collection only, tired looking or away from big population centres (or a combination of these things), the high end will be the opposite.

The lathe, there are no recent eBay sales of anything similar, there is one completed listing a similar machine for £542 which attracted no bids, collection in person.

I'd have thought in a population centre like Bristol you could attract a buyer for the RAS at £100 and the lathe at £350, with any subsequent haggling depending on your/the buyers enthusiasm on that front.

Fitz

As I've retired from all woodworking now - and due to the fact that the roof of my garden workshop is rapidly deteriorating, I'm looking for a new home for these two quality machines before they go too far (they have already picked up some rust.

Advice from the community please: Thoughts on what would be a fair price to ask for each machine (or sold as a pair) would be much appreciated.

Note, I'm not interested in making a killing here; I just want them both to go to a good home.

Regards,

Ted.View attachment 112233View attachment 112234

In Bristol. View attachment 112235View attachment 112236View attachment 112237
Hi Ted,

Useful saw that get criticised mainly by people who don't have one. They can be dangerous to those who don't understand blade rotation and don't read the instructions. I've had mine for years and can rip down a 8x4 into 2x8 and then panels up to kitchen larder unit sizes. Value is anywhere from £100 - £300. Lathe is beautiful and probably worth £200 -£400. If you put them on ebay they may not sell first time, put them on a classified ad at a price you are comfortable with. It may take a few weeks even a few months to get the right buyer. Patience is a virtue.

Good luck

Dean

Many thanks to you all for your comments on my post... All hell has broken out here today - nothing serious, but it means that I can't reply to everyone individually as I would have liked.

Best regards,

Ted.

Back