Wadkin-Bursgreen 12-BFT jointer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azreich

Reaction score
I'm in the U.S. and am thinking about buying a used Wadkin-Bursgreen 12/BFT #75260 jointer. Does anyone have an idea of what year this machine was made? Also, any thoughts about the general quality of these machines? How do they compare with 12" Oliver jointers? I'm not sure, but you may call these face planers in the UK. I appreciate any help. Regards, Allen

Usually the first two digits indicate the year - so in this case 1975. As for quality - they are generally acknowleged as being one of the best fully industrially rated manufacturers of woodworking machines. They are massively built, solid cast iron machines. If you look at http://www.daltonsmachines.com/downloads-old.html they have copies of many old Wadkin manuals.

If you search on this forum you'll find quite a bit on Wadkin machinery including some superb refurbs.

I've got a Wadkin table saw (1978 model) and can't fault it.

Happy Christmas

Misterfish

Hi Az and welcome to the forum. I agree 100% with Misterfish. A recent thread here where Jason recently took delivery of some cracking hardly used Wadkin machines. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back