Wadkin Burgreen AGS10

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geo-B

Reaction score
Wadkin Burgreen AGS10 3 phase

Hi,

I wonder if someone can help me with the wiring from the on/off switch (RS 47ADS1X) DOL starter w/isolator to 3 phase Gryphon motor. The switch is presently wired Red - 2, Blue -4, White - 6 terminals at the switch bottom. The motor phases are marked A,B & C on connectors. I was going to presume numerically that 2 was phase 1 (A) & so on but don't want to damage the motor. This was an old machine I picked up today but wire to motor was not attached. Have just gave the machine a thorough clean & I am in the process of rebuilding. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

George.

Does this help ?
From Manual for 10AGS
ags10.jpg

As long as the three wires are connected in sequence the only thing that can result from a wrong connection is that the motor will run in reverse, if this is the case crossing any two over will change direction.

Attachments

• ags10.jpg
    ags10.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 93
Cheers for that CHJ. Just one more thing, my motor plate has 400/440 (3 phase). Does this rule out the use of powering it with a Transwave single phase three phase converter which I was going to buy? After reading about 3 phase it get's confusing. I thought this may have worked out cheaper than replacing the motor & switchgear to single phase.

Geo-B":36khv3iy said:
Cheers for that CHJ. Just one more thing, my motor plate has 400/440 (3 phase). Does this rule out the use of powering it with a Transwave single phase three phase converter which I was going to buy? After reading about 3 phase it get's confusing. I thought this may have worked out cheaper than replacing the motor & switchgear to single phase.

A suitably rated Transwave converter will be ideal - designed for the job.

Transwave also sell inverters and these will NOT be suitable for your single voltage motor.

For more information than you might need, have look at my motor paper in the link at the footer of this message.

hth

Bob

Thanks Bob, that helped clear up quite a bit for me regarding 3 phase. Certainty show's that well explained information in "In layman's terms" simplifies things considerably.

Glad it helped! I based it on the plethora of questions I used to get from this forum and tried to ad just enough explanation to satisfy the curiosity as to why things are as they are.

My gut feeling is that if you can find a converter at an affordable price, this would be the way to go for you.
Swapping motors on an older machine can often mean dealing with a different shaft diameters. For someone with access to a metalworking shop, that presents little problem but can get expensive/awkward if you have to put it out as a job to an engineering firm.

If you need a manual for the saw, there are a couple here http://www.daltonsmachines.com/downloads-old.html that cover some variants.

Good Luck

Bob

Back