Wadkin BRA strip down

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snailman

Reaction score
Hello people
I don't suppose anyone on here has any experience removing the motor from the stirrup assembly on a wadkin BRA 350.
Is it just a matter of removing the pivot shaft and unscrewing the motor locating ring?
Thanks in advance
Fred

Hello Fred and welcome to the forum.

I refurbished one of these a few years ago I can't remember how it all came apart but if you can hold on until the weekend I will have a look at mine and see if I can jog my memory

James

Hi Fred, apologies - I did not get out into the workshop this weekend, I had some sad familiy business to attend to. If you still need some help I have access all this week so can get you the information

Sorry to hear that James, no rush here anyway.
I think things are probably seized up a little on mine, the motor pivot on the opposite side to the handle doesn't want to come out. All the grub screws are out and I can't see anything else holding it is so I'm soaking it with penetrating oil for now, didn't want to force anything just yet in case I'm missing something.
I've also taken the socket head cap screws out the locating ring on the handle side but it still feels completely attached so I can only figure it will come free once I release some play in the other side.

a 1003.jpg
a 1004.jpg
Fred

@Snailman I did this last week - the motor pivot lug opposite the handle should come out, so persist with that. Mine was threaded so perhaps a BSW bolt in there would give you some purchase. Double check for painted-over grub screws - mine was held in place by a grub screw into the stirrup.

Thanks Guineafowl
I eventually got it all apart a couple of weeks ago, you are correct, A BSW bolt was the winning ticket and I had to drill the grub screw out.
Thanks for the reply

Thanks Guineafowl
I eventually got it all apart a couple of weeks ago, you are correct, A BSW bolt was the winning ticket and I had to drill the grub screw out.
Thanks for the reply
Hi, i have same problem. How did you get the rod with the handle free?

Back