wadkin bgs question - calling scrit!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetsetwilly

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm sure Scrit will be along any time to answer the following: :)

Is it feasible to upgrade the early splitter-type Wadkin BGS to take the later riving knife? Not interested in BORK's or any other bodge (been there....), only in what I'd need to do/change to upgrade a 1964 pre-RK BGS...

Funny but I've been considering the same thing! I don't think Scrit posts on these boards anymore but perhaps someone else will pop up with either his contact details or some other suggestions. Just out of curiosity is yours a BGS 10 or 12?

Hey mine's a 12, have never seen a 10 tbh. Only just got it after a lengthy search, so decided to compromise on the splitter, esp as it is actually present, as are extraction, xcut fence + flipstop and even the fixed mitre fence. Haven't actually powered the thing up yet but looks pretty clean bar the usual muppet marks on the slider edge. Wish it had a PK-style sacrificial edge...

Do you know if the motor is dual-wound? It's in storage while my new garage is built and haven't got over there to take the motor cover off yet...

I have the 10" BGS and doubt that the motor will be dual wound. I'm missing the fixed cross cut fence and mitre on mine. It would be great if you could post some pictures and measurements :)

Latest posts

Back