• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wadkin AGS Riving knife bolts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1dutch

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I need two of the bolts to attach the riving knife to the riving knife bracket for my AGS 12 if anyone is selling

cheers

Andy

Someone made me a riving knife for mine, and sorted out the bolts too. Ill have to look at how they are done, but it was a work around for the expensive originals.

Let me see if i cant look for you tomorrow if i dont forget...

Hi Guys

The bolts are just standard BZP dome head coach bolts with a blob of weld on two opposite sides of the square under the head to stop the bolts spinning in the slot when you tighten the nuts up. I can't remember the exact size I sent to @julianf but M10 or M12 springs to mind, just measure the slot width.

The dome head has less depth that a standard bolt head as there is very little space. I had to grind off the galv under the head before welding as zinc fumes are not good for you then dress the welds with a file to profile them afterwards.

Here's a very rubbish drawing to illustrate how you can replace a bolt costing £40+VAT with one that costs less than 30p

here's the link to the bolt at AMS 02696 Riving Knife Bolt For Wadkin AGS/BRT (A-1026/96)

Cheers
Andy

Coach Bolt BZP.jpg

Brill, thanks

I have tried both m12 & m10 coach bolts but they kept spinning.

will get some weld added to the sides and give it a go

Back