Wadkin 10 AGS spindle bearings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My saw also misses extension tables. If you’re metalwork savy a piece of mild steel c channel can be used as the basis for an extension table. Can’t find the internet article anywhere though now I look!

However, after a year in a fairly small shop (6mx3m) I’ve not missed the extension and even without them the saw takes up lots of space!

f.

Thankyou for the advice. What I've ended up doing is to take a couple of standard M16 washers and hand file them down to 2.3mm (give or take) and have now fitted one at each end of the spindle to help align the arbour and the pulley and to act as a spacer to prevent the locking collar from fouling the outer flange of the bearing. No end float and no play anywhere. Riving knife lines up perfectly too, though the adjustable internal spacer/lock would probably have managed that without the washer. Onwards and upwards ~ can anyone recommend a blade sharpening company? The one I used locally has closed down. Table -wise I've decided to have a go at fabricating a grid from some mild steel bar that I've got lying around.
There's a place in Sanvey Gate on the corner of Craven Street in Leicester that I use. Can't remember their name ATM. Been there for years.
Someone will hopefully know their name (fingers crossed). HTH

Back