VVVVVVVVV

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuckinthemud

Established Member
Reaction score
I need to cut v grooves into glueing surfaces so that the laminations will interlock. The grooves need to be triangular in section and 2mm deep. I was going to file a scratch stock as the pieces to groove are only 15mm wide but then I wondered if there may be a jig saw blade of some sort with triangular teeth, or something else??! Any ideas?

Shallow cut using a finger joint cutter for router?
finger.JPG

Sorry for being vague. Not 1.2, but, somewhere more than 1 mm up to about 2 mm. My preferred depth of cut is 2mm but it’s not set in stone. The surfaces being rough is not sufficient in this case, the laminates need to interlock, the laminates are quite thin so the grooves can’t be too deep. In principle, like the ones in the inset photo, though my project is not following the same layout
51781062-3730-4600-BBAC-BC93DC220D29.jpeg

Last edited:
A toothing plane will provide all the mechanical interlock you need along with hide glue. These are the traditional tools of bow making especially if needed to make the limbs of the bow. About 15 years ago, I made a 250lb Hunting xbow from Ash and Osage for an American friend who used/uses it for hunting moose/boar, but wanted to be sure of penetrating a bear if needed (which he has on 1 occasion).

Back