Vulcans' "Operation Black Buck" did anyone record it?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric The Viking

Established Member
Reaction score
Bristle, CUBA (the County that Used to Be Avon)
The Vulcan raid on Port Stanley airfield (at the start of the Falklands war) was dramatised by the BBC in a play broadcast on 5th July on Radio 4 (Afternoon Drama slot, 1415h, 45min duration).

I was very much hoping to listen to it, as a friend was acting in it, however he only told me today that it had already been broadcast, and it's now too late for BBC iPlayer !

If anyone by any chance has it recorded, please PM me: I'd be very grateful!

Optimistically,

E.

(when he was recording it, he told me about it, but it wasn't scheduled at that point!)

Not that this is any help - but it was a great listen!

Eric The Viking":1ls41e9o said:
The Vulcan raid on Port Stanley airfield (at the start of the Falklands war) was dramatised by the BBC in a play broadcast on 5th July on Radio 4 (Afternoon Drama slot, 1415h, 45min duration).

Eric The Viking said:
The Vulcan raid on Port Stanley airfield (at the start of the Falklands war) was dramatised by the BBC in a play broadcast on 5th July on Radio 4 (Afternoon Drama slot, 1415h, 45min duration)./quote]

Are you sure it was on the 5th July? I've just had a look at the BBCiplayer website and, although it's not available to listen again, it lists something completely different.

It might have been 5th June: I was told July, but the BBC site sad one in one place and something else in another. They also seem to have stopped indicating when something is a repeat.

I've given up complaining to them - the site is a disgraceful mess and seems to get less functional with each successive revamp.

As for the actual play, I've been able to listen to it now, so thanks to all who took an interest.

Cheers,

E.

Back