Vulcan needs our help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt it will fly much longer, and there is also a good argument for not risking these machines. Look what happened to the Me 109!

Roy.

DTR":15x314sd said:
I must make a donation. Due to the financial situation I don't expect XH558 will kept in flying condition for much longer. I'd like to see it flying sometime this year but I don't know where it is displaying! :cry:

woodbloke":15x314sd said:
...and the one parked outside RAF Waddington is the only one to have seen active service, as according to the telly the other night, it was the principal player in the longest ever bombing mission - Rob

That's incorrect, XM597 also successfully completed one of the Black Buck missions (there were five completed Black Buck missions in total).
I stand corrected, but the bombing run from Ascension to the Falklands and back (8000 miles in total) in 1982 was, according to the TV programme the other evening, the longest ever bombing raid. The Black Buck raid(s) were of course what I was referring to, but I was under the impression that there was only one, which was the raid where the runway at Stanley was hit and put out of commission. When I saw it though, there was no sign of the bomb crater :mrgreen: - Rob

Ok Digit , you win , my van is a pile of poo ............but on a different tone , the goverment wont invest in the Vulcan as it is a blackhole financially , and I did see it fly over me in somerset about 2 years ago and have to say it was bloody impressive ........the reason the goverment will invest in large amounts of art work is down to investment , they will never devalue . Just ask how much artwork your local council holds , you will be suprised , any surplus budget is blown and the item is generaly locked away in a vault . I remember a programme a couple of years ago about a council that had squllionsof pounds worth of paint of canvas and it got found out , so they agreed to hold a exhibition to show the public how THEIR money was invested , but , here comes the kicker , you had to pay to see it LOL

Anyway , I do hope they find what they need , but sorry ,I have priorities of my own .

Cheers , Dusty

Yep! I doubt very few old masters are privately owned for art's sake!

Roy.

Back