Vote for a new section - new poll please re-vote....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What shall we do with the Tool Polls section?

• Keep it, but ADD MORE DATA CHARLEY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Turn it into a 'Market Place'

• Let's have a Book section instead

• Replace it with another off topic section. (TV/Movies, Cars, Sports or Music, etc

• Just remove it and don't replace it with anything

• Aragorn's Suggestion "Forum Community"

• Neil's Suggestion "Jigs and Woodworking Plans section"

• Derek's Suggestion "tips section on all aspects of woodworking"

• Adam's Suggestion "Workshops, Projects, & Safety" section

• Alan's Suggestion "document personal mistakes that would be of interest to others"

• Chiba's Suggestion "community design forum"

• Gill's Suggestion "section dedicated to 'impure' woodworking"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the credit goes to Chris not me - I just expanded it out a little.

The type of section I was referring to involved people posting a series of photos, describing how they went about a particular project, or how/what/why they have their workshop how it is. E.g. how they built it, how they laid it out. And the safety bit was really a reaction to Alan's comment - I think postings on dozy things you've done would be quite helpful - as it's the stuff you never see in books.

Effectively a picture storybook section - completed projects - not WIP. Some people have posted some very good threads, and they get lost in the general postings, sometimes it'd be nice to see the individual styles that people make.

Thanks,

Adam

What happened - all these users - so little votes?

Just like a general election!

Adam

I can't decide. So many choices... Also it might well be that some members never venture in here so don't know their vote is solicited - maybe a prompt in General Woodworking, and maybe Hand Tools for the shyer neanderthals? :D

Cheers, Alf

There was me going to move it to General Woodworing - but I'm not a mod in here. Oh well, thats probably 'cos Charley wanted to keep track of the postings in here - without cheeky mods' moving them elsewhere!

Adam

Charley,

Given that there are two clear leaders in this, both of which are really useful, is there any chance of both?

Cheers

Tim

Latest posts

Back