Visit to Richard Findley for the day , any interest ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Visit to Richard

• I am OK with paying ( price to be confirmed )

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Visit Richard during the week

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Visit Richard on a Saturday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Visit Richard on a Sunday

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hello forumites :D

Been in communication with Richard Findley

An am trying to put together a day at Richards workshop

As Richard earns his living by turning this will be a paying event ( to keep a roof over his head ) and the amount payable will be dependent on numbers attending ,

So as it early days I need to find out if anyone would like to attend , Richards workshop is in Leicestershire
LE18 2FB

Also A poll to answer a few questions

Hi Blister,

I have voted for paying and going during the week. Before confirming, I would want to know how many are going. Too few and it could be too expensive; too many and the day may not be of value to each individual.

Do you see it as a day's tuition, a day's demonstration by Richard, or just a long chat over coffee etc?

As it is 240 mile round trip for me, it will get quite pricey unless I can get something positive out of the day.

A good idea in principle - hope it can be made to work in practice.

henton49er":24rovbf8 said:
Hi Blister,

I have voted for paying and going during the week. Before confirming, I would want to know how many are going. Too few and it could be too expensive; too many and the day may not be of value to each individual.

Do you see it as a day's tuition, a day's demonstration by Richard, or just a long chat over coffee etc?

As it is 240 mile round trip for me, it will get quite pricey unless I can get something positive out of the day.

A good idea in principle - hope it can be made to work in practice.

Mike . Its early days yet
This post is to see how many would like to attend , when I have an idea of the numbers wanting to attend this will decide the price each attendee will be required to pay , Richard has a small workshop so he will not be able to cater for 40 / 50 people

Also another thought , If anyone from the southeast wants to go we could go in my van , it seats 6 people and we could split the fuel costs

Same could apply for people elsewhere ? North / west / East etc

Richard is very accommodating and has lots of experience along with doing Club demo's , He also sells his very good quality sand paper and other bit and bobs :D

Lets see how many want to attend then look at whats going to be done on the day

Cheers

Allen :wink:

I`m always up for a Jolly & a workshop tour.

Having seen Richard demonstrate quite a few times now,I`m certain it would be a most enjoyable day.

Please count me in.

Cheers.

Doug B":20m0c3ka said:
I`m always up for a Jolly & a workshop tour.

Having seen Richard demonstrate quite a few times now,I`m certain it would be a most enjoyable day.

Please count me in.

Cheers.

Thank you :mrgreen:

This is something I would really like to do. My Dad lives about 30 miles away so I could camp there and make a day trip.
I assume this will be next year? There is no way I could commit to anything this year.
It would be useful to have a ball-park figure for the day so I could start some financial planning though.

I voted for a weekday and willing to pay. No-one can expect the man to potentially lose a days work without some kind of compensation. Funds are pretty tight at present for me, so I will need a bit of advance warning of costs so I can start putting cash away.

Latest posts

Back