Virus

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lurker

Le dullard de la commune
Reaction score
Now my windows 7 powered PC no longer has support, I am worried about this here virus in China.

lurker":1mij1cx9 said:
Now my windows 7 powered PC no longer has support, I am worried about this here virus in China.

Just dip it in bleach every night and all will be well.

Microsoft is an amazing company. If you have a problem with your computer, they will know, and one of their support techs will call you and help you fix it. Admittedly they seem to have contracted out to a team in Hyderabad, but Ranjit was very helpful. He knew exactly what my Microsoft operating system problem was, even though I use Linux. Great company, great people. I couldn't recommend them highly enough.

Trainee neophyte":1bw62low said:
Microsoft is an amazing company. If you have a problem with your computer, they will know, and one of their support techs will call you and help you fix it. Admittedly they seem to have contracted out to a team in Hyderabad, but Ranjit was very helpful. He knew exactly what my Microsoft operating system problem was, even though I use Linux. Great company, great people. I couldn't recommend them highly enough.

Agreed. And so reasonably priced at just $70 per month. Did Ranjit install the special remote diagnostic software for you as well?

I sure wish I had listened to Ranjit because now I get calls weekly from the Canada Revenue Agency telling me I'm going to jail if I don't call them. That Virus must have messed with my tax stuff. #-o I'm not going to jail so when I get set up in a non-extradition country I'll be back on line.

RogerS":1iv542pq said:
I had a Chinese last night and now I can't stop coughing.

I asked the guy who owns my local Chinese takeaway if he had wuhan coronavirus.
He replied " Only wot on menu"

phil.p":18d42iat said:
Tomorrow is Burns's Night and the Chinese New Year. I'm going to have haggis with hoisin sauce. Chinese Burns night.

The haggis is probably more likely to give you some kind of unknown virus.

Trevanion":1yit7szf said:
phil.p":1yit7szf said:
Tomorrow is Burns's Night and the Chinese New Year. I'm going to have haggis with hoisin sauce. Chinese Burns night.

The haggis is probably more likely to give you some kind of unknown virus.

If you wear a face-mask while you're eating it, you'll be fine.

When I did my Masters, a long time ago now, half my colleagues were Chinese and, of course, we became friends. I tried to be a good host, days out to Chatsworth, Chistmas dinner chez Maskery and the like. I asked them if there was anything particular they wanted to do while they were over here and there was good support for learning to cook something iconically English. They had come to the right guy!

Hmm, what could we do? What could be more English than Rhubarb Crumble?

So one weekend I arranged for them to come over early, make Rhubarb Crumble and then our other colleagues would come over in the evening to sample the delights. I think I probably did Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pudding whilst we were at it, I can't remember, TBH, but we made a meal of it.

So they arrived and the first task was to catch our rhubarb. I took them down the garden and showed them how to pull rhubarb. They laughed. They really laughed. They were laughing so hard they were actually holding on to each other.

I suppose that if you have never seen rhubarb, then watch somebody stand astride it, yank it out of the ground and then throw most of it away, it must be quite amusing.

Anyway, we made the crumble (Antony Worrall-Thompson recipe, before he disgraced himself).

As we ate, there were lots of appreciative noises, in several foreign accents, not just Chinese.

I asked them if they could remember what it was called. "Ah, yes, Rumble Crumble!"

And so the page of the book was defaced with a pen and edited and the dish has forever since been known as Rumble Crumble. Happy days.

Steve Maskery":2njnr8sc said:
When I did my Masters, a long time ago now, half my colleagues were Chinese and, of course, we became friends. I tried to be a good host, days out to Chatsworth, Chistmas dinner chez Maskery and the like. I asked them if there was anything particular they wanted to do while they were over here and there was good support for learning to cook something iconically English. They had come to the right guy!

Hmm, what could we do? What could be more English than Rhubarb Crumble?

So one weekend I arranged for them to come over early, make Rhubarb Crumble and then our other colleagues would come over in the evening to sample the delights. I think I probably did Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pudding whilst we were at it, I can't remember, TBH, but we made a meal of it.

So they arrived and the first task was to catch our rhubarb. I took them down the garden and showed them how to pull rhubarb. They laughed. They really laughed. They were laughing so hard they were actually holding on to each other.

I suppose that if you have never seen rhubarb, then watch somebody stand astride it, yank it out of the ground and then throw most of it away, it must be quite amusing.

Anyway, we made the crumble (Antony Worrall-Thompson recipe, before he disgraced himself).

As we ate, there were lots of appreciative noises, in several foreign accents, not just Chinese.

I asked them if they could remember what it was called. "Ah, yes, Rumble Crumble!"

And so the page of the book was defaced with a pen and edited and the dish has forever since been known as Rumble Crumble. Happy days.
As we are waxing lyrical about the Orient, this is my favourite Chinese shop at the moment:[attachment]=0IMG_20190627_114050.jpg[/attachment]
Not been brave enough to go in yet...

Attachments

• IMG_20190627_114050.jpg
    IMG_20190627_114050.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 406
AndyT":1wh6l55u said:
Trainee neophyte":1wh6l55u said:

Agreed. And so reasonably priced at just $70 per month. Did Ranjit install the special remote diagnostic software for you as well?

I got a phone call on my mobile a couple of days ago from a guy with an Indian accent saying he was from the tech department of Windows. He didn't understand at first when I said he had great timing as we were just considering new double glazing and could he send a rep to give me a quote.
When it did click he said something I didn't understand, bet it was a swear word though. :roll: :lol:

I put the phone on speaker and a friend visiting at the time was pi**ing himself laughing. :lol:

RogerS":2csxzg3f said:
Osvaldd":2csxzg3f said:
Bill Gates is going to murder millions of people in order to help establish world communist government

http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/
http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/ ... nario.html

I'm really struggling to understand this post. Humour ? Irony ? Sarcasm ? What, exactly ?

Nobody can understand what crazy Bill Gates is up to, he carries a poop jar with him all the time(google it).
But to be serious here, it was a half joke, its kind of a downer trying to explain it.(did you read both links I posted?)

I'm no fan of Microsoft, but Bill Gates, in my opinion, is one of the good guys. He had a stroke of luck in the beginning, by being in the right place at the right time with the right skills, but does, at least, try to do some good with his vast wealth. I have extensively researched this by listening to an episode of Desert Island Discs once, and he certainly didn't sound crazy to me.

phil.p":14rmuy7p said:

don't forget a dram of whiskey with it, ideally mature lagavulin :D

thetyreman":3s6xl29f said:
don't forget a dram of whiskey with it, ideally mature lagavulin :D

I'm shocked! Lagavulin is not whiskey, it is whisky!
I need to go and lie down in a dark room, preferably with a glass of either.
:)
S

Back