Virus Attack 2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harbo

In Memorium
Reaction score
I am puzzled how Virus attacks are spread.
I recd. another "no subject" attack from a long defunct email account.
It was actually "from" a Forum member who closed this particular account many moons ago and I am pretty sure no longer has the same machine?
So how can these viruses access "dead" accounts and "obtain" Contact Lists?
Puzzled.

Rod

Harbo":29n5qodk said:
I am puzzled how Virus attacks are spread.
I recd. another "no subject" attack from a long defunct email account.
It was actually "from" a Forum member who closed this particular account many moons ago and I am pretty sure no longer has the same machine?
So how can these viruses access "dead" accounts and "obtain" Contact Lists?
Puzzled.

Rod

Viruses spread in many ways - indeed, since the "good guys" continually block known methods, the "bad guys" keep coming up with new ones.

Hence it is impossible to generalise.

BugBear

Hi, Blister

Just wait untill the hackers turn there attention on to macs, then you wont be so smug :wink:

Pete

Blister":kxnpp5v9 said:
Yoo Hoo

Its just me , Popped in to say

I love my Mac :lol: :mrgreen:

I love my IMac too :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just to clarify, t'were my old AOHell account that hadn't been used for nearly a decade. After a few 'fone calls this morning it'll be closed, deleted and kapowed in three business days. Apologies for any inconvenience caused - Rob

If these bozoes were to put as much effort into legal programming as they do into writing Virus Progs, they could make a lot of money.

nodnostik":16k1ipd1 said:
If these bozoes were to put as much effort into legal programming as they do into writing Virus Progs, they could make a lot of money.

Probably Don,

However, they said the same about Al Capone and others like him.

So is it easier to make huge sums legally? The number of honest, astute, hardworking people who try to make a go of business, and fail, makes me believe it isn't; especially in this blighted country. :cry:

cambournepete":1p0dad86 said:
Blister":1p0dad86 said:
Yoo Hoo

Its just me , Popped in to say

I love my Mac :lol: :mrgreen:
I'd love your Mac too - how about £50 :)

Hi Pete,

I have two iMacs that I would be quite willing to accept £50 each for (nice split infinitive there)

I suspect they are a bit older than Allen's though. Still work fine and have never needed one of those anti-virus wotsits. Played with one last week as a friend needed to borrow one as his er.... PC had stopped working for some reason. Still nippy enough for the net and even run Office and Adobe's stuff quite adequately. In fact, because the old systems are so much slimmer, they don't actually seem that much slower than my main machine with its much more modern bits and pieces.

Feel free to drive over and collect - I'll take cash.

Whilst the nasty brigade are undoubtedly turning their attention to the Mac, I'm quite sure that, provided the user doesn't do anything stupid to invite them in, they will remain more secure than the alternatives.

Back