View That Greets Me By My Workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my view

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 23
Pretty envious of all your great views. The view outside my shop is the sets of large double doors to three smaller workshops in an old asbestos clad 1920s industrial park.

But my view is ever changing and I don’t mean with the seasons like yours are.

In the last 7 years alone I have had views of a warehouse for sports tape, a model maker for the advertising industry, an antiques restorer, 3x artists, a butcher, 3x sandwich making companies, a personal trainer, a tropical fish supplier, a canoe maker, a luthier, a recordingstudio/rehearsal room, 2x dental laboratories, a photograpy studio, a reseller of any old rubbish from ebay, a seller of antique clothing on ebay, 2x upholsterers and a printing press collective. These last 3 are still there and there are probably a few I have forgotten. Either a hell of a lot of new businesses fail or having me as a neighbour for any extended period of time cannot be tolerated.

Anyway a somewhat dreary nevertheless interesting view .

Forgot the wedding florist and the old guy who fixed household appliances.

Phil,
I'm envyous of all those yellow buckets....
cant buy em here...
u cant have enough buckets.....hahaha...
the tiler left after a job a couple of weeks ago and nicked 2 of mine....
still have nighmares about it....sad I know....hahaha.....

Trafford park....a great place 40 odd years ago....u could get anything made there....
wern't the same ofter Perkins Diesels and Massey Ferguson left...
Gardener Diesels of Eccles, I think, should be included .....
as well as Crossley Bros, Openshaw.....
u see I like big D engines.....
Unknown.jpeg

just imagine one twice that size, 2 ton plus flywheel... I cant find a photo of mine but this will give u an idea......
it was going on the back of a 60's Foden 6 wheeler lorry.....my wife died suddenly and I sold the lot....
Oh well.....

Following a move to Devon in Sept we were faced with a 50m long plot just outside the garage/workshop doors. After the builder levelled the plot we tidied up the boundaries and added 100 mixed hedge plants to the 300 planted by the builder. We've also planted 3 x Twisted Willow, Walnut, Jubilee Plum, Conference Pear, Discovery Apple and Brambley Apple. The meadow grasses will be sown next year and then we have to decide on the wild flower to go in.

Colin

Attachments

• View from workshop, November.jpg
    View from workshop, November.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 0
  • view from other direction,February.jpg
    view from other direction,February.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 0
Back