View That Greets Me By My Workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niall Y

Established Member
Reaction score
The apple tree, by the workshop is covered in blossom this year. The most covered it's ever been. No one would have thought that after storm Arwen, when it blew over and had to be propped up and re-staked, that it would have recovered so well. It reminds me of one of those frothy blossom laden trees in a Samuel Palmer painting.

Attachments

• IMG_3811_1WKSP.jpg
    IMG_3811_1WKSP.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
I watched the programme on Kew Gardens last year when they described a tree that they thought was going to dye but a storm came along and caused the tree to rock the tree made a miraculous recovery. They determined that the roots had been compacted with foot fall past it. The storm however had opened up the root structure and allowed air in to the ground, hence the recovery.
As a consequence I rocked all my fruit trees this winter and all have been covered in blossom this spring.

I watched the programme on Kew Gardens last year when they described a tree that they thought was going to dye but a storm came along and caused the tree to rock the tree made a miraculous recovery. They determined that the roots had been compacted with foot fall past it. The storm however had opened up the root structure and allowed air in to the ground, hence the recovery.
As a consequence I rocked all my fruit trees this winter and all have been covered in blossom this spring.
Ah,very interesting.......... I might try this on my Quince tree, in the hedge - over 15 years and still no blossom.

I watched that too, it's the same principal as using grit/pumice in houseplant substrate, it not only allows excess water to drain away but allows air to get to the roots, ive always used an "aerating" additive to my houseplants and my kitchen window is now a jungle
20210627_182652.jpg

This was taken last summer, the spider plant stalks have tripled in number so now when stood at the sink I'm surrounded completely 💖💖

we don't do well for fruit trees here, unless it's Citrus...2 young Oranges, 1 lime, 3 lemons and a grapefruit........just 25 olives .........
My veiw from home this winter.....the workshop will have almost the same view....View attachment 135142
I envy you your citrus and olive trees. I've been trying to grow a lemon tree, with little success.for several years. It only has one leaf left on it, so I think it's finally died.☹

@clogs I’m trying to do my best to copy Buddhist zen and be at peace with my lot, but it’s not working. I’m really really really envious of the view in Vamos and my wifey has always wanted a pool.

The immediate view from my workshop is "blocked" by a cherry tree currently in blossom - it was originally a plum but we cut the branches back a few years ago and grafted two varieties of cherry onto them - and some budding oleanders. This is the view beyond the trees.

Sim View 1.jpg

Back