Video content other than youtube and making accounts/privacy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Ttrees

Iroko loco!
Reaction score
Hello folks
Recently Trevanion shared a video on Jack Forsberg's instagram account. :D
I had not known of the treasures that was bestowed upon me.
The usual, but bite sized Wadkin chunks from Jack
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt_0CyPgI0m/

Does anyone else have more links to woodworking or machinery content that's not uploaded by the usual crew on Youtube?
Are there videos on Facebook worth watching?

I believe Facebook uses some sort of GPS and suggests based on friends and associates...Not interested in signing up to that malarkey.
I did make an account before to visit a page, but found facebook an invasion of privacy with its suggestions whom I may know...

If I make an Instagram account will this be the same?
Presuming there's other folks uploading than the Canadian rust hunt junkie himself?
Gonna binge watch all of them some day :D

Looking forward to seeing what else is out there
Thanks
Tom

Trevanion

Greatest Of All Time
Reaction score
:D

Jack has some excellent stuff on Instagram and the bite size format suits him very well. He does have a YouTube channel but he seldom uploads on there and it tends to be stuff off his Instagram anyway.

I’m not a big user of Instagram and don’t have an account, but I really should get around to setting one up as there are quite a few good ones on there that I wouldn’t mind keeping a closer eye on.

I might even start uploading stuff on there if I made an account :wink:.

Doug B

Shy Tot
Reaction score
Tom just try searching Instagram for a few hashtags that take your fancy, #wadkin is a good starting point as is #oldcastiron.
As for Jack he’s a great bloke, incredibly helpful & good to chat to.

I sold or gave away all my Wadkin gear a few years back so not much of that on my feed though this is a mate running some lime through his planer for me so I could better see what lay inside.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuOj7pIgRkS ... m90sdlodoz

Click for sound to hear a proper old piece of cast iron :shock:

TFrench

Established Member
Reaction score
I find instagram much better than facebook. You can tailor what you see to a degree, and its just pictures/video so its much easier to avoid the comments sections. I follow quite a few of the welding and machining guys - there is some very interesting content. Certainly more than the beauty vloggers and cats I thought instagram was about!

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
Your question about sources of video apart from YouTube reminded me that I hadn't watched anything on Vimeo for a while.
This link should lead to a subject search for "woodworking" - https://vimeo.com/search?q=woodworking

There seem to be about 6000, so let us know if you find any gems - I haven't watched them all myself!

PS - no sign-up needed.