Vickers Wellington Mk.1V

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kittyhawk

Established Member
Reaction score
A brace of Wellingtons, one of my favorite aeroplanes.
I know the Lancaster is the poster girl of bomber command but the versatile Wimpy, as with Hurricane, is an overlooked aircraft and not given the credit due to it.
And pleasing for me, the difficulties I had with masking tape and sharpies for the black areas are now resolved with these models.
IMG_20210906_094045.jpg

IMG_20210906_094236.jpg

IMG_20210906_094612.jpg

IMG_20210906_094713.jpg

IMG_20210906_094946.jpg

last photo, the plane is smiling....bit like the movie Cars....
nice one....
Ha ....... I hadn't noticed that before. Thank goodness the buyer will collect it as soon as we get out of this stupid covid lock down. I'll never ge able to look at that Wimpy again with any seriousness..

They are lovely pieces of work. My dad was a Navigator in Wellingtons during the war. I still have his logbook with details of all his operations - mainly bombing raids on Rumanian oilfields flying from Southern Italy.

They are lovely pieces of work. My dad was a Navigator in Wellingtons during the war. I still have his logbook with details of all his operations - mainly bombing raids on Rumanian oilfields flying from Southern Italy.
The Wimpy was a wonderful aeroplane, in service throughout the entire duration of the war and in many roles - long range medium bomber, anti submarine, magnetic mine detection - you name it, the Wellington did it. And that geodetic airframe construction designed by Barnes-Wallace, what a genius the man was in so many fields. But of course all for nothing without the people like your father who crewed in the thing day after day in what I imagine to be the most frightening of conditions.

Back