• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Viceroy Educator wood turning lathe.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davyc

Established Member
Reaction score
I have to unfortunately shift my viceroy lathe. I paid quite a lot of money for it a couple of years ago and now find myself having to sell it as its taking up room in the mother in laws shed and I can no longer use it due to health problems.
It has fitted at the moment a 3phase motor and inverter which is about a year and a half old but I will be happy to remove that and put the single phase motor back in, I will have to leave the wiring for you to replace although the original switch is still fitted.
Price with single phase motor is £200 and it will need collection from Coventry.
Price with 3 phase & inverter to be discussed.
Thanks.
20210509_180817.jpg
20210509_180817.jpg

Hi all.
I really need to get this lathe shifted now.
I will let it go for £150 now with the single phase motor included but unfortunately not fitted up, an easy job..
I paid over £600 for this, just about 3 years ago so taking a big loss and I am going to be left with a 3 phase motor and inverter to get shot of at some stage.
Any interest?

This is a fantastic lathe at a ridiculously cheap price. The only issue is that they have slightly strange thread sizes, but you can buy thread adapters or get an engineering company to make one, Cast iron, 40 inch centres and 11inch diameter

I am mulling over if I can do the round trip it's about 2 hours 30 each way.
I have an old Nu tool so I do need a good lathe.
It's a good lathe in good condition. I even have a chuck backplate I will throw in but also have a chuck available for the inboard side that can be sold with it ..

Hi Daveyc, if this doesn’t sell, you really should look at putting it on eBay, where I suspect it will get snapped up. I’ve sold a couple of things over the last year or so, some made very good money, some went for hardly anything, but they all sold quickly. There’s a 80% off selling fees offer on at the moment as well. Worth thinking about anyway.

I want to say yes even though I don't know my head stock from my *insert another part of the machine here* especially as its only over in Cov. I just don't think I'll actually get the use from it at the moment.

Hi all.
I really need to get this lathe shifted now.
I will let it go for £150 now with the single phase motor included but unfortunately not fitted up, an easy job..
I paid over £600 for this, just about 3 years ago so taking a big loss and I am going to be left with a 3 phase motor and inverter to get shot of at some stage.
Any interest?
What do you for it all??

Hi. Probably be looking at about £600 to cover all if it. For that I can include a versachuck with backplate to suit inboard side with Axminster carriers and a couple sets of jaws. Cheers for interest

This is an absolute bargain for anyone interested in turning, and great lathe in good condition. Put it on the AWB forum.

Thanks all.
Lathe has now been sold subject to collection.
Thanks for all your interest.

Back