Viceroy chuck

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elcho

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I can get a 4 jaw chuck for the outboard end of my viceroy lathe ie 1.25"x8tpi left hand thread with the correct regester. I tried getting an axminster backplate and getting it threaded by an engineer but it wobbles, another engeneer told me it must have the regester but he didnt have time to do the job. Any help would be appreciated.
Brian.

Not much comfort, but turning those adaptors is a pig of a job. Took me three attempts to get a runout-free one for my Mystro, and then only really succeeded because I could mount the part turned adaptor directly on to the nose of my Super 7 to turn the outer register and thread exactly concentric.

In your situation, I suspect it would bebest to cut the female thread on the adaptor (unless Axy do one with the right thread) then make a false spindle with the required 1.25 thread and register on it, to carry the adaptor while the outer register/thread was turned. Not impossible, but a lot of work.

Back