Vice recomendations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Bod taken your advice (no pun intended) Im leaving the bench and taking the vice heres a few photos of the Parkinson Perfect 15 will give it a good fettling when i get to Devon It measures 13 inches when fully open has 9 inch jaws and you can see how i have reversed the QR bracket to keep the threaded shoe in perminant contact with threaded rod , Coat of paint jobs a good un View attachment 128952View attachment 128952View attachment 128953View attachment 128954View attachment 128955
I'm going to show that yo one if my old timers he used to work at Parkinsons in Shipley.
We walk past it every Wednesday on our health walk. Half the factory was still there till a year or so ago when they knocked it down to become a retirement home...

I'm going to show that yo one if my old timers he used to work at Parkinsons in Shipley.
We walk past it every Wednesday on our health walk. Half the factory was still there till a year or so ago when they knocked it down to become a retirement home...
Did'nt know they were Yorkshire made, Good from upt north

Although W Mids and Sheffield areas also made early cast iron vices, and after about 1940s most were Sheffield, nevertheless the Bradford area is surely the heartland of earliest (from about 1860?) British cast iron/steel vice making - the big one Parkinson's, but also earlier Keighley makers and Bradford itself.

Back