VHS to DVD

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brought a cheap video dvd combined recorder the will alow me to copy to dvd and to video it works very will got a video tv in the workshop so it can help me learn also can watch :norm:

Martyn :D

Well, here's what happened. After following all the good advice that was offered, I had a good look into it all and did some research. Ended up totally confused and gave up. Sure, I'd still love to get it done but I think it's like having to learn a new language - you get to stage in life where you really couldn't be bothered. So, if technology has moved on it might now be more attractive (read more simple....) I'd have another go. There were just too many different options and downloads from half a dozen sites etc. Or I could go out and get a cheapo DVD recorder and hook up the VCR to it. Sounds alot easier for the more thickish type of person.
BTW, can anybody suggest a suitable DVD Rec? Prefer DVD+ rather than the others or one that isn't too fussy on the various standards.

Noel

Wizer, sorry thats what i meant, can i connect a vhs machine directly to my pc and record the tapes onto a dvd rewriter?

Regards

Woody

yes you can connect it to the pc and record but you will need the right software and hardware

imo it would be easier for the novice to do as the other suggest and buy a DVD Recorder and maybe edit the dvd's later if you really need to.

I have access to a hardware video editing suite which makes it simple and high quality

Back