Very sad news

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather than prove communism doesn't work for umpty-third time, how about addressing where money comes from, who has the power to create it or destroy it, and who gets first bite at the pie when creating it. Changing the rules for our insane monetary system would be far more equitable than just fleecing all the rich people and then wondering why everyone is equally poor, all of a sudden (excluding the Animal Farm pigs who are always more equal than others - aren't they, Jacob?)

Well Bob it's only a few days ago that you suggested "the mods do their job" and that post seemed to disappear/was deleted. ( as no doubt will this if spotted. ;). It could still be there of course hidden somewhere among the dross.
I agree with you 100% btw it hasn't taken the usual culprit long to turn several threads into political campaigning following his reinstatement from exile.
These threads run because people are interested in them.
There's a new thread on cycling going on - do you object to that too?
If you don't want threads to be interesting why don't you start one of your own? Think of an uninteresting topic; "breakfast cereals"? Plenty to choose from!

Not as far as I'm concerned. I'm essentially a-political.

The only reason I post at all is to counter your left wing, anti-establishment, stupidity and correct inaccuracies.
Can't have it both ways, either you are apolitical or you aren't!

Jacob, I'm curious as to why you've never tried to move to one of the societies that's more to your political liking.

*Wanders in to the chat room... read 3 anti royal blah blah they are scumbags posts, and walks out.*

I'll leave you to it.

Daily mail is running this like theres no tomorrow. A 15 page souvenir spread.
Doesnt seem to matter that the Prince hated Murdoch, and probably thought the daily mail home to the scum of the earth.
Bit of perspective on that and everyone's favourite manbaby
EymivzDXIAI6Jg-.jpg
EymivzQWYAY2xEy.jpg

Well Bob it's only a few days ago that you suggested "the mods do their job" and that post seemed to disappear/was deleted. ( as no doubt will this if spotted. ;). It could still be there of course hidden somewhere among the dross.
I agree with you 100% btw it hasn't taken the usual culprit long to turn several threads into political campaigning following his reinstatement from exile.

No still there page 7
Thread becoming another political thread, for f**ck sake moderators do your jobs.

I think the moderators have given up, seems like a party political forum these days. They pounce on saying Fuuck and boolloxs and ignore all politic posts.
It will dogwankerpineapplebolloxs it up for everyone.

Rather than prove communism doesn't work for umpty-third time, how about addressing where money comes from, who has the power to create it or destroy it, and who gets first bite at the pie when creating it. Changing the rules for our insane monetary system would be far more equitable than just fleecing all the rich people and then wondering why everyone is equally poor, all of a sudden (excluding the Animal Farm pigs who are always more equal than others - aren't they, Jacob?)
By all means expand on the topic! How would you radically change the monetary system without disturbing thr filthy rich?
Not sure what communism has to do with it though I realise that a lot of rightists think anything to the left of Jacob Rees Mogadon is communist!

This forum gives a notification as follows - "For non-woodworking related topics - Yes I know it's scary though but there is life outside woodworking".
This statement should be sufficient to allow for the views and comments of any forum member to be provided without criticism for presentation but the content may be disputed.
Are we going down the road that we are all equal but some are more equal that others?

This forum gives a notification as follows - "For non-woodworking related topics - Yes I know it's scary though but there is life outside woodworking".
This statement should be sufficient to allow for the views and comments of any forum member to be provided without criticism for presentation but the content may be disputed.
Are we going down the road that we are all equal but some are more equal that others?

Not going down any route, I started this thread as a mark of respect for Prince Phillip, it has now morphed well beyond what it was intended for. As the author it is well within my rights here to request it close. If it does not close due to me asking then it will or should be closed due to it turning into a political discussion/fight that is against the forum rules, unless that is we are going down the road of rules only applying to some and not to others.

*Wanders in to the chat room... read 3 anti royal blah blah they are scumbags posts, and walks out.*

I'll leave you to it.
Seems to happening a lot more these days - make confrontational statement, then put fingers in ears and make a loud humming sound.
Maybe I've missed a post or two, but I've not read anyone calling anyone scum. Clearly there are significant differences, but pretending everything's so polarised when it isn't is a new British thing, it seems.

Not going down any route, I started this thread as a mark of respect for Prince Phillip, it has now morphed well beyond what it was intended for. As the author it is well within my rights here to request it close. If it does not close due to me asking then it will or should be closed due to it turning into a political discussion/fight that is against the forum rules, unless that is we are going down the road of rules only applying to some and not to others.
In a very similar manner to yourself I have respect for the Prince. Perhaps this respect could be maintained if you as the author generated and additional post with a slightly modified title incorporating your sadness and requesting others with a similar views to post their dismay at his passing but make it clear that any comments extraneous to the prince's death must not be included. I will certainly make my feelings known in such a post.

In a very similar manner to yourself I have respect for the Prince. Perhaps this respect could be maintained if you as the author generated and additional post with a slightly modified title incorporating your sadness and requesting others with a similar views to post their dismay at his passing but make it clear that any comments extraneous to the prince's death must not be included. I will certainly make my feelings known in such a post.

So it's my fault that this thread has deteriorated to what it is. I should not have to tell members not to break any of the forum rules if they answer any posts. I have stated why the thread was made and my reasons for wanting it closed. You and I are also not showing respect by bickering over the rights and wrongs about titles and wording of threads. In future how would you like me to title things? "Please do not break forum rules whilst answering" followed by the title or title first?

Hi Gary, appreciate that you started the thread and it's transitioned into a wider discussion, that's what happens in any OT section that I frequent and indeed for most topics here, no matter how innocuous or otherwise.
Small point- once you let go of the send button and the first post glides softly into the ether, it's gone. No control, no rights, no nothing.

For some of the wider membership I should also mention that the IGNORE function works really well. A member can ignore another member's post or IGNORE a thread, dead easy.

I think this thread probably is on it's last legs.

So it's my fault that this thread has deteriorated to what it is. I should not have to tell members not to break any of the forum rules if they answer any posts. I have stated why the thread was made and my reasons for wanting it closed. You and I are also not showing respect by bickering over the rights and wrongs about titles and wording of threads. In future how would you like me to title things? "Please do not break forum rules whilst answering" followed by the title or title first?
At no point would I consider that you are at fault in the manner in which this topic has moved. You presented it to an audience which will have mixed views concerning our society and it would seem that at the very least you had an inkling that your sentiments would not appeal to everyone. At around the post 12 the emphasis of discussion was mostly devoid of interest in Prince Philip. The rest is history, but it is better to be mindful that the suppression of free speech and a person's views is just how totalitarianism thrives.

Hi Gary, appreciate that you started the thread and it's transitioned into a wider discussion, that's what happens in any OT section that I frequent and indeed for most topics here, no matter how innocuous or otherwise.
Small point- once you let go of the send button and the first post glides softly into the ether, it's gone. No control, no rights, no nothing.

For some of the wider membership I should also mention that the IGNORE function works really well. A member can ignore another member's post or IGNORE a thread, dead easy.

I think this thread probably is on it's last legs.

Can we just clear up a point, So now politics is allowed in any threads, or threads of your choice?
The rules on discussing politics are some times applied and sometimes not.
Can we now call someone a jumped up pompous wally or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back