Very sad news

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garno

Grumpy Old Git
Reaction score
Very sad day, Prince Phillip the Queen's husband has sadly passed away.

R.I.P Prince Phillip

Sad ?. Condolences to the family and friends but hardly anything to be personally sad about.

99 years of privileged living, while the country goes down the pan. Keep their heads down and maybe the daily mail wont run stories on their wayward children.

Yes, I feel particularly sorry for the Queen.

Privileged living? - I wouldn't want to live like he did, and I doubt few others would either. Even fewer would be able to, anything like as well as he did.
While the country goes down the pan? - The British people (and their elected politicians - spineless, dishonest puppets, the lot of them) are doing a nice job of pulling the chain without any help from royalty....

Last edited:
I suspect 99.9% of the population know who he is. Boasting about ignorance ................. your a strange one.;)

I rather liked the old boy (HRH), I do like Jacob as well, cracks me up from time to time.

we know who he is even here in the states, because eventually someone always says "we always hear about the queen, but who is the king?"

He seemed like a wonderful fellow. The comments above about living like royals are right - I wouldn't want that structure and scrutiny around every second of my life.

Which one is he then? I can't keep track of these royals.
Give it a rest Jacob. I feel nothing about his death if I'm honest, but feigning ignorance of who he was is as risible as all that public wailing and howling after Diana died by a small section of the public.

Got nothing to say then say nothing. While I'm certainly no royalist, far from it, and feel no loss I understand that others might and respect that.
Anyway, have a cackle if you think you're raising hackles. Honestly though, you're not. It's just a bit desperate.

He seemed like a wonderful fellow. The comments above about living like royals are right - I wouldn't want that structure and scrutiny around every second of my life.

I wouldn't want to live like that either, but the howls of derision from much of the British press when Harry and Meghan felt they couldn't stay in the royal bubble would indicate a little bit of double standards.

Err..he chose that life, and could've walked away if he didn't like it.

Same goes for all the other royals, even those born into it could've stayed out of he public eye and lived a private life if they wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back