Very proud Dad!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
Well today I spent the day in Leicester at my sons Graduation. He has also just secured a job with a software company near Winchester. I don't suppose I need to tell you how proud I am of him gaining a first in the Bachelors degree class. :D Here is the star of my eye.

Congratulations to you both!! You need to work hard to get a 1st and that work ethic must come at least in part from the parents. Glad he has a job secured as its harder these days for graduates but a 1st is the cream of the crop. I graduated 23 years ago and it has given me the opportunity for a good life and a lot of travel.

Great news for you all. Well done =D> =D> =D>

Shame he's not woodworking like his Dad but sounds a good line to be in.

Regards Keith

A software company near Winchester? Wouldn't happen to be Hursley by any chance? I worked there myself for a while some 12 years ago, great place.

Congratulations to your son, I'm sure he has a bright future ahead of him.

Rick

Congrats to the lad =D> =D> =D> =D>

I've got one of them too Alan! Grrrrrreat feelin' ain't it? My lass's photae is on my screensaver an' Ah'mm so chuffed still, three years later. :D

Sam

That is excellent Alan!
Congratulations to you both. Nice feeling when the kids study and do well. And get a job!

congratulations! to you and him. a great achievement, and not one to be sniffed at!

Thanks guys. Well I have just waved him off on his way with his car loaded with luggage and armed with a sat nav. I did spend most of the day running around to get his car on the road as it had been stood in the garage for the last three years. :roll: No Rick, the company is called Global Software Solutions and the office he will be working in is in a small village called Dummer. Got to admit I will miss him but on the plus side I do have a garage back. :lol:

Is it just me or does anyone else see the funny side of such a clever lad going to work in a place called " Dummer". Congratulations, always good to see hard work pay off.

Dave

steadyeddie":hj0mlc7q said:
Is it just me or does anyone else see the funny side of such a clever lad going to work in a place called " Dummer". Congratulations, always good to see hard work pay off.

Dave
We did have a good laugh at the name of the village Dave. Peter, (my lad) found it very amusing. :lol: He said all he could think of was the movie 'Dumb and dumber' :D

mailee":2fc4bm41 said:
steadyeddie":2fc4bm41 said:

Dave
We did have a good laugh at the name of the village Dave. Peter, (my lad) found it very amusing. :lol: He said all he could think of was the movie 'Dumb and dumber' :D
Quality film, up there with' the cable guy' as far as films are concerned. Congrats to your lad- the boy done good ;)

Back