Very Noisy Motor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry, but for some reason, I received no notification of your last post :( hence the delay

Taking your suggestions in order:

I had also feared I had damaged the original bearings by over-tightening the roller drive belt, so for each of the subsequent sets of bearings I have fitted, I have only used the minimum tension that doesn't slip.

I can, and will recheck the brush springs - but I remember they take a lot of 'pushing back' in order to get the commutator back between them. Again - this would be both motors....

You say above " I think the most relevant is the 10 sec one. " I'm not sure what to do with that?

I can and will tweak with the running belt alignment, but this is something that has only been introduced since changing the four running belt rollers bearings - quite late in the overall 'saga' - it is quite separate from any issue with the motor.

Thanks again for your continued help

(sound of forehead being slapped) - I hadn't realised it was a link.

I must thank your colleagues for the effort they have also put in trying to help me

Back