Very generous present ( not woodwork )

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SammyQ":1ycd5nrf said:
My old Raleigh Classic tourer has had a Brooks (B17?) saddle on it for 40 years. Does need the odd soak in neatsfoot, especially after hot weather. 531 double-butted tubes, forks and (I think) back stays. 72° parallel frame. Lovely comfy ride, but a heavy tortoise compared to my son's 'castoff' Scott carbon fibre hybrid that I also have. When covid is over Bob, I'll nip down and race you to Blythe? Loser buys the first pint! :D

Sam.
I'll just buy you the pint and skip the pain Sam. :wink:

Andy Kev.":118h34n1 said:
The only problem with a Brooks is that being leather you have to break it in. Actually it feels like it is your rear end that gets broken in.
I'd agree, they are a bit hard on the 'sit bones' in your backside but once you've given the underside few applications of their special gloopy wax and done a fair few miles they do get much more comfortable.

IMG_4647.jpg

I went for the black leather jobbie with the copper rivets. I've had this bike (Trek hybrid) for around 15 years and wore out the original saddle so decided to get this one. SWIMBO's got a proper 'old skool' ladies saddle with big springs on the underside. Some time ago, she took her bike into our LBS and asked if it was worth upgrading it. The guy apparently tapped her Brooks saddle and told her that for the milage she did, it wasn't worth it....and also because of the saddle - Rob

Attachments

• IMG_4647.jpg
    IMG_4647.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 44
Back