Vertical shutter lifts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AndyT":2xoc3iop said:
but frustratingly, not the separate Portfolio. If you have a copy yourself, I'd be interested to see a photo of the illustration you are describing - I think it's Plate L!

Yes, I have the portfolio - picked it up from an antique shop in Bedford 10 or 15 years ago, just 'cos it's so beautiful. I'll try and copy the one you want; may need to do it with the camera (9Mp), as the plates are definitely bigger than A3 and in any case my A3 scanner is VERY temperamental.
Will be an interesting exercise!

Here's a low-res copy of the shutter design from Hasluck.

DSCF3875.JPG

If anyone wants a full res version of this, PM me your email address, 'cos it's a 2Mb plus file.

Attachments

• DSCF3875.JPG
    DSCF3875.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 91
I just uncovered a pair of lifting shutters in our bay window - previous owners had replaced the windows with pvc but entombed the shutters in their box beneath an mdf sill. It looks like the box extends beneath the floorboards so no idea how to see if the weights are in there.

Could you send me a copy of this pic. I just joined the forum so they won't let me send a DM.

Hi there, ive just discovered a similar sliding vertical shutter box complete with shutter, cut cords and weights. they were hiding in a wallpapered over 'protrusion' under the window. in the front room of my Victorian cottage. I've now revealed the shutter box and all pretty much is in good nick and ripe for renovation. Does anyone know though...there is only one shutter and not room it seems for a second...so did these type of shutters only consist of one panel to cover just the bottom half of the window? So it would just stop people looking in the bottom half?

Mine certainly have a pair of shutters which cover both windows, but I can see how there might be a single one for privacy. Some (normal) horizontal shutters only go partway up the ground floor window, especially in later (Victorian) houses.

Back