Versachuck carriers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lazurus

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently contacted the Tool post as I required some additional jaw carriers (Axminster flavour) for the Versa chuck, Felix tells me there is no stock and no time frame for new stock to various reasons - does anyone know if there are any other distributors of the Versa chuck and accessories or a long shot have any to sell?

I think that versa chuck is tool posts own product, so doubt that there are other distributors.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think axminster carriers will work on the Versachuck, so could you get them from axminster?

Mod Edit:- The Carries are not interchangeable between Versachuck and Axminster Chucks, scrolls are different, the Versa Chuck has finer scroll. (see later post for image)

Some Versachuck carriers carry Versachuck and Axminster jaws - it doesn't follow that the chuck (scroll) side of the carrier is the same, if it were true you'd be able to fit virtually any make of jaws to your Axminster chuck with Versachuck carriers.

I hope they do get some in as I was thinking of getting a set of axminster jaws for mine. If it was Robert Sorby jaws I could take a set off and use them as I have a duplicate set of jaws.
Will be following to see when they get some back in stock.

Felix could give no projected dates for new stock when i contacted him last week - bit stuck now with a chuck that if they dont get any will have limited applications or I buy duplicate jaws to fit!

It may be benefitial for all those requiring or interested in jaws carriers to contact Felix at the tool post so at least he is aware there is demand for a production run?

Lazurus":20qi8z5g said:
It may be benefitial for all those requiring or interested in jaws carriers to contact Felix at the tool post so at least he is aware there is demand for a production run?

I dare say they're in the offing somewhere, just an unknown because of covid so no real point in speculation.

Versa Chuck carrier (black) with Axminster carrier (silver) for comparison.
Carriers.jpg

The Versachuck has finer scroll.

Attachments

• Carriers.jpg
    Carriers.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 145
Sorry folks for the misleading suggestion :oops:
Thanks Chas and Phil for clarifying the matter of CARRIERS rather than JAWS.

CHJ":dsyt7cw8 said:
Versa Chuck carrier (black) with Axminster carrier (silver)
The Versachuck has finer scroll.

Back