verroucas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sue denim

Established Member
Reaction score
Medical theme tonight !!

I would like to pass on a cure for verrucas that the good lady wife found.

My family had suffered from quite a bad spell with them and nothing would get rid.

The best cure is Gaffa tape. You put it over the infected area and leave it for 6 days continuous ...then repeat as required.

This really worked well for us and knowing how bad they can be especially for children I thought that someone might be tearing their hair out trying to get rid.

Regards 'Sue'

What a lovely topic.

Seen this gaffa tape cure all over the web. As a kid we used to go to after-school clinic where the nurse used to scalpel off our warts and verroucas, then put something smelly on them. Took months and hurt a lot.

As my son was growing up he had warts like most kids do. We found by far the best treatment was Bazooka Gel. 2 weeks and it's job done. In fact, any of the 'salicylic acid' based treatments work well.

What didn't work at all is the freezing kit. Lots of pain and no results.

Roy

I have had something verruca like on my foot for well over 10 years, not big (5mm) and not painful or bothersome but it has defied every attempt at DIY treatment to date (several freeze bottles and 4-5 Bazooka extra gel)!

Will give the tape a go...

Steve.

Thanks for the heads up - been using aforementioned rubbish home freezing kit for ages.
Gaffa tape, here we come! (I assume verucca's are brand-ignorant, or do they insist on gaffa?
Greg

when i was about 12 i had about 20 on one foot it was quite mankey. i used to go to a private chiropodist at the cost of £20 a session, he used to shave the tops off with a slicer then put on some middle acid, it used to hurt like pineapple at times. and time after time there was never any improvements.

then i saw a rather young nhs chiropodist who had this crazy idea that just leaving them and they would go, how we scoffed.

about 2 months later i didn't have a single one

adidat

Back