Veritas Sale At Axminster

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH thank you very much indeed... (sarcastic intonation...) SWMBO is gonna just love the moral high ground after I've succumbed to this temptation... Sigh. :roll: Good link, thx...

Dammit! There goes the resolution to not buy anything else for a wee while! :?

Hi all

I don't know what happened at Axminster, but when I raised the new low Veritas prices at Axminster on an earlier thread Alf mentioned that they'd brought the prices down to the ones on the Brimarc site. When I saw this thread I checked the numbers and it was eye-popping.

Dividing Rule before 22.54 offer 19.23 Brimarc 19.62

Flat Bob before 13.23 offer 10.82 Brimarc 11.05

Wonder Dog before 26.71 offer 18.88 Brimarc 19.27

Centre Finder before 16.17 offer 15.02 Brimarc 15.39

Instead of being up to 39% HIGHER than the Brimarc prices, the four above, are all now 2% below the Brimarc price. :roll:

Cheers
Neil

Interesting comparison Neil. Never checked the differences. At least now there's some degree of parity.
I wish Brmarc would deal direct, although I guess their stockists wouldn't be too happy. My problem overhere is that there's only two stockists and they hold very little stock if any. If I want something I have to drive to one and order what I want and then pay a revisit when the thing comes in. To be honest it would be easier for me dealing direct with LV.

Noel

Noely":3kp50cqk said:
I wish Brmarc would deal direct, although I guess their stockists wouldn't be too happy.
I wouldn't mind that so much, if only there was an online dealer who stocked everything, instead of playing "hunt the stockist" for whichever widget you fancy drooling over. At least maybe there is one, but I haven't found them yet. Particularly irritating if you want 2 or 3 little things and get knobbled for p&p on each one. As far as local dealers go, apparently my nearest listed Veritas dealer is in Dorset. Urgh. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Alf
Which one is that-The Tool Shop in Christchurch??
If it is-they don't have a lot. Probably 15 items in the whole shop......and definitely NO planes!
Cheers
Philly :D

When one considers the cost of travel these days, I would have thought that Brimarc could sell stuff through the web at a markup compared to their dealers - keeping them happy and still making sense for folk whose alternative is the frustration of finding a dealer with the stuff then going to see/buy it.

Minden seem to do something like this on Festool stuff.

I have ordered by phone direct from Brimarc before, wasn't a problem. All they do is check the stock each dealer has and effectively "give" the sale to them. All my stuff was shipped directly from Brimarc, but my card showed that the transaction was carried out by "Ask Tools"

Alf
Kes Tools, eh? They look like "Dewalt to the builder boys" kinda shop, not the kinda place that flogs hand tools to hobbiests.....
I live in Poole so will pop by and take a look. Don't get excited though....
Philly :D

Thanks for some interesting comments here. I wish I could get as many retailers to stock all lines as possible, but it is just not realistic.

We have a very large quantity of Veritas in stock, more than ever. Most of it is on our website, if not let me know.

E mail us or call us with what you want and we will do the rest. The sale will go by the retailer whose turn it that day. The stock is sent from us.

You are welcome to visit us but that I know won't suit all. Order without obligation from your local store, or by contacting us. If you don't like what you see then don't buy.

With the offer of a full refund as with all our lines it is hard to see what else we can do.

We have allocated extra space at the shows and will take lines for viewing, if requested. Again e mail me direct.

I understand the complaints but it does seem a little harsh when we offer such a broad service.

You may care to know that Rutlands (due soon), D+M and Toolpost have all added Veritas to their ranges. All should be rolling out over the next few weeks.

Please contact me directly if you have any special requests.

Martin Brown

Martin,

We're all, obviously, online here. Many of us like buying online too. Personally I hate having to 'phone up with card details, spelling out addresses, devoting one larger chunk of time to the task, instead of filling in a bit of the form at a time as I wait for other stuff to load etc. I know, perverse, but there it is. I noticed D&M had come out in a rash of planes - hurrah - but if I want to toss a jointer & edger in with a scraper plane (say) I'm all out of luck and looking at postage charges from somewhere else. Except I won't buy it at all if I can't hide it behind the plane as an "oh well, as I was ordering..." kind of purchase. Yes, it's crazy, but buyer's reasons for buying these sorts of things often are.

Well mine are anyway... :oops:

Heck, we all know you've improved hand over fist all round and I for one do not stint on the applause; that's why we know you can make it even better... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Thanks Alf, we have progressed and we are pushing our online retailers to offer more of all our products. Now that Veritas pricing is closer to US it is a compelling range at great prices.

It is an interesting stat that only 5% (or so) of our retailers offer online purchasing. That means 100's of shops giving good service over the counter every day too. This is an important part of our service and offer.

I understand what you mean about the card/press button b/what expiry date thing too, you know I need no convincing. The truth is that there is no easy solution to BriMarc selling direct. It would turn off the retailers who offer good local service. It is that local service that the vast majority (now reducing, I concede) prefer currently.

Overall we need more internet retailers and we are working on it.

S'funny - I got an APTC magazine thingie through the door this morning, and there was a whole page devoted to reduced Veritas products!

Confuddled? You will be.

Huh?! :? My head hurts. You'd think it'd be fun compiling a "I'd like any (or all - in my dreams) of these for my birthday please, and here's where to get them" list, wouldn't you? It's hell I tell ya, hell. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Very confuddled indeed. :lol:

Latest posts

Back