• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Found Veritas RH Shooting board plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazzer

Established Member
Reaction score
I’m looking to buy a RH Veritas Shooting board plane and thought I would ask the members if anyone has one for sale or wants to sell their plane, before I buy one from a supplier?

Cheers
Dave

Hi @Peter Sefton

I did have a look on your website before I posted this. The one you have in stock has a pmv iron, what are they like as I never used a plane with that type of blade before?

Cheers
Dave

Hi @Peter Sefton

I did have a look on your website before I posted this. The one you have in stock has a pmv iron, what are they like as I never used a plane with that type of blade before?

Cheers
Dave
I have the PMV11 in my own Shooting plane and I find it excellent, the 01 is very good but I think Veritas are in the process of phasing it out.

The PMV11 sharpens easily and holds a very good edge particularly at low angles which is a real benefit on the Shooting plane as it sharpened at a low 25 degrees, set on a 20 degrees skew and 12 degrees bed giving a very low effective pitch of 35 degrees. Lower the better for end grain work.

Cheers

Peter

Mine is not for sale, but have had had it for many years. The PMV11 blade is excellent. It is easy to sharpen and they hold their edge well - I use DMT dia-sharp stones. However, they are not as quick to sharpen as O1. I dropped my blade a long while back and dinted the edge ( I have rubber matting in the workshop now ) I still haven’t removed the dint after dozens of sharpening. Luckily it’s located such that it rarely an issue. When it becomes so I just swap the blade out from my Veritas Jack.

Thank you to Peter for getting me sorted with a shooting board plane and the other members who gave advice, I appreciate it.
All the best.
Dave

Back