Veritas Planes on Brimarc site

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At last, the Veritas planes in all their (text only) glory! :D
And Neil, At long last you've become a "Verb"-congratulations! :lol:

Regards,
Philly

LOL! :lol: All right, all right, so I'm assuming at some point the pics will work. In the meantime, drooling here will have to do. :p

Now, I wonder if they'll offer the chamfer guide for the block planes soon...

Cheers, Alf

How do the Veritas planes compare to the L-Ns and the Clifton's??? Or is this just a matter of owning at least one of every plane known to man?

Cheers
A

Aragorn,

Well, it depends... The Veritas' are unique really, quite different from any of the others. The scraper plane is apparently better than the L-N, as is the shoulder plane. Their bench planes are probably around the Clifton mark I think, but without trying one... Their block planes are very popular, not just because the price over the Pond is so much better than the L-Ns, but also because of the ball handle and chamfer guide options. I think it really comes down to whether you like how different they are. They do sort of grow on you :D

Of course you also probably need an example of every plane known to man too... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

As someone dedicated tp the LN cause it pains me to say this but I can confirm that the veritas shoulder plane is both cheaper than a LN and at least as good if not better due to it's lateral adjuster screws. :wink:

As someone dedicated tp the LN cause it pains me to say this but I can confirm that the veritas shoulder plane is both cheaper than a LN and at least as good if not better due to it's lateral adjuster screws.

Speaking as someone who's just wiped the manufacturers grease offa his first shoulder plane (Clifton 3110)...... that comment has me worried...

Tell me I haven't bought another lemon....

Midnight":2z3z8jgc said:
Speaking as someone who's just wiped the manufacturers grease offa his first shoulder plane (Clifton 3110)...... that comment has me worried...

Tell me I haven't bought another lemon....
Not a whole lemon exactly; just a slice maybe... :wink: Nah, the Clifton's are fine, and based on a darn good model originally made by Preston. It'll look better with the traditional looks of your L-Ns anyway. :D

Cheers, Alf

I have a Veritas number 4 smoother, a low-angle block plane, medium shoulder plane and their excellent wood handled spokeshaves. To me the LV stuff just feels like a modern interpretation of the classics. Kind of like comparing a new MX-5 to a new Morgan. Both new, so hopefully no maintenance hassle, and both good fun, but for different reasons. I also like the level of service that Lee Valley provide - and I'm used to good service on a daily basis. Just got the chamfering gadget for the LA block plane - nice bit of kit. Oh, and their dovetail markers. And honing guide. OK, OK, I'm a big fan. I admit it. No point trying to be impartial! :D

Chiba with the Lee Valley Gloat! :shock:
Nice going, it's good to hear an opinion from someone who owns the tools.
regards,
Philly :D

Eeek! :shock: Is nowhere safe?! :lol:

Welcome to the forum, Rob. The shoulder plane is #1 on my list of things to see at Yandles show next week btw, Brimarc willing. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":1otr6pvj said:

Welcome to the forum, Rob. The shoulder plane is #1 on my list of things to see at Yandles show next week btw, Brimarc willing. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Hi -

Hope he has some - we ran out a week ago, and just got more castings for another run...been busy with some other stuff (as you know!). Should be back in stock here in about a week.

Cheers -

Rob

Oooo look everyone - it's Rob Lee, president of Lee Valley!
<point> <point> <snigger> <snigger>

Have any of us mentioned recently how FAB Lee Valley are!!??

A!

Looks like these two (Rob Lee and ALF) are in regular correspondence with that "as you know" comment. Any interesting things in the pipeline we should know about? :lol: :lol:

Aren't there always "interesting" things in the pipeline where Robs concerned!!

Nice to see you on the forum fella :) I hope we don't give you too much grief!! :p

SimonA

Come on Rob, I think it's time LV reinterpreted a combo plane for the 21st Century. Now *that* would be cool... 8)

Rob Lee":ro2lo6g4 said:
Alf":ro2lo6g4 said:

Cheers, Alf

Hi -

Hope he has some - we ran out a week ago, and just got more castings for another run...been busy with some other stuff (as you know!). Should be back in stock here in about a week.

Cheers -

Rob

Well Rob let the cat, or rather bull, out of the bag on Wood Central so I suppose I can let you plebs in on it too... :wink: Next one's a bullnose plane, and very promising it looks too. (Not that we're in regular correspondence btw; I just say rude things about the appearance of his products and he trawls luscious "coming soon" tools under my nose as pay back :lol: )

Er, um, and there's been a small development down here at Alf Towers. :oops: In a way I'm hoping Brimarc don't have a shoulder plane 'cos I've just gone and blown my tool budget in a big way. :roll: One of those once-in-a-lifetime, never-to-be-repeated things which I'll probably be gloating about for years. No goodies from Yandles for little old me. Still, there's always Christmas eh...? :(

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Chiba, I'm right behind that campaign :D

OK Alf,

What is it, what did you buy? Not that interested, just getting in early cause no doubt the rest of them will be asking the same question....

Rgds

Noel, who doesn't usually feed the trolls

Yeah, I'm not really interested either, Alf, but you can't get away with starting a gloat without telling us what it is :!: :shock: :shock:

Trev.

Back