Veritas Planes on Brimarc site

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think perhaps the issue with 36,000 readers in the UK compared with 400,000 in the US is ignoring a wider opportunity. We're part of the EU, and have a huge number of potential customers out there. I think that there are already a number of multi-lingual sites for woodworking equipment, and a great store such as the Lee-Valley one could make a huge impact over here. Of course, it would take some vision, planning and investment to make it happen, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time until somebody chooses to take it on.

With the affluent market places of the UK, Germany and France for a start, there's good money to be made. And of course, a company with a website in English, German, French and Spanish would hit a lot more populations than just those. Obviously the costs and complexity are higher than for Lee Valley, but I reckon somebody will eventually pick up on this.

AG

We will just have to wait and see, meanwhile.....

We have a number of the UK journalists coming to BriMarc in Warwick during the week comm. 10th of May. Any of the Forum are welcome to join them for a complete run through on the Veritas Planes plus the new Spokeshaves that are not yet released here and one or two other new lines. We really only have space for a few people a day however you can have the run of our very modest demo area. This will not be a selling event and your comments would be welcome.

Starts 10.30, ends after lunch.

We will also have any Veritas tool we have in stock available to show/demo to you.

Keith Birkett my colleague who looks after Leigh will be with you during the day.

Martin Brown

If you want to join us for this informal day (we will be giving you lunch by the way) just call Sue on 01926 836915 to book.

I'm surprised nobody has yet responded to Martin's invitation. Or perhaps some have and not gone public. Free lunch, at least.
If I was more local I'd certainly be present but it's good to see that a distributor is making an effort to be more customer orientated.

Rgds

Noel

Noel,
You are right, we should have at least said thank you to Martin even if we aint going. If I lived closer, I would certainly take him up on the offer.

Martin, thank you for the invitation, unfortunately, I can't make it.

Me too, I'd have liked to have gone, but it would involve a day of leave and a rather long trip.

Nice to see they are a bit more proactive though. I guess it means we'll be seeing some reviews in F&CM, GWW, NWW etc over the next few months.

Adam

We are working on this issue and hope to have some more regional opportunities to see the planes. We won't please all thats for sure!

All the major shows will have the Veritas planes on display including Exeter, Harrogate, Stoneleigh NAC, Westonbirt (Aug Bank Holiday). If anyone is ever passing Warwick you can always pop in. We have coffee at 10.30 each day.

Meanwhile remember we offer a complete refund on any plane purchased including collection costs if it is not as good (?) as you would like.

Martin

It's my own fault for living about 150 miles from the nearest Veritas dealer really. There's damn all market in Cornwall and no-one interested in stocking anything beyond the Toolbank stock lines anyway. :(

Martin Brown":3bgcyd5s said:
Meanwhile remember we offer a complete refund on any plane purchased including collection costs if it is not as good (?) as you would like.

Really? I didn't know that. Hmm... I may have to speak earnestly to TPTB 'cos the idea of waiting until November is frankly killing me. Not that Mr Lee's helping the situation any... :roll:

One thing I was wondering, Martin, have any of your resellers got the planes yet? Or is it still strictly direct at the moment? Just idle curiosity mainly. :D

Cheers, Alf

Back