Veritas Mk2 Honing Guide

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BB, you're Lyn-esque... :roll: D'you really use a honing guide for a scrub blade...? :shock: Oh, and talking of the Marples guide; I picked one up with the instructions - d'you want a copy?

Cheers, Alf

D'you really use a honing guide for a scrub blade...?

Of course. Maintaining a constant bevel angle is needed not for cosmetics, but to minimise the amount of metal removed at each sharpening. Same reason as for a stright blade.

Oh, and talking of the Marples guide; I picked one up with the instructions - d'you want a copy?

<spits coffee all over screen> You can't pretend you're not gloating just by being nice about it!

<profanity deleted>

<recovers composure>

Yes please - a set of instructions would be delightful.

BugBear

bugbear":3ifp9dds said:
D'you really use a honing guide for a scrub blade...?
Of course. Maintaining a constant bevel angle is needed not for cosmetics, but to minimise the amount of metal removed at each sharpening. Same reason as for a stright blade.
But, but... don't you ever freehand anything?! :?

Oh, and talking of the Marples guide; I picked one up with the instructions - d'you want a copy?
<spits coffee all over screen> You can't pretend you're not gloating just by being nice about it!
Can I pretend I'm not gloating 'cos I'm not gloating though? :roll: The day I indulge in a honing guide-related gloat you can expect sub zero temperatures in all the circles of Hades. :wink:

<profanity deleted>
Rissoles? :lol:

Yes please - a set of instructions would be delightful.
Okie-dokie, here 'tis, in all its rusty glory. Hardly worth the wasted coffee... [-(

Cheers, Alf

P.S. I think Rob's missed a trick there; don't think his'll run on a grinding wheel either... :? :wink:

Alf":31vps2yp said:
(snip)
P.S. I think Rob's missed a trick there; don't think his'll run on a grinding wheel either... :? :wink:

Well -

I hate to say this Alf - but version 1 did have a ledge back of the wheel so it could be used on a grinder with a tool rest...not sure if it's still there though... :lol:

We leave no stone unturned.... even turning ones. 8)

Cheers -

Rob

Rob Lee":3mz0iwh3 said:
Alf":3mz0iwh3 said:
(snip)
Well -

I hate to say this Alf
:^o Fibber :p

Rob Lee":3mz0iwh3 said:
- but version 1 did have a ledge back of the wheel so it could be used on a grinder with a tool rest...not sure if it's still there though... :lol:
Tool rest? Tool rest?! This marvel of British engineering doesn't need no stinkin' tool rest... [-( :roll: :lol: Of course the idea of using it au naturale on a great big grinding wheel soon makes you realise why they made it in malleable iron. "Whoops, there it goes again, Jack" "Not to worry, George, it's not broken and you didn't need your finger tips anyway, did you?"

BB, if that al "Dante" bit was a deliberate pun it may be very hard to forgive... :wink:

Cheers, Alf (Heretic, Second Class)

#-o At some point today I trust my brain will switch back over from "standby" to "on", but I don't hold out much hope... :roll: :oops: I admire the restraint in not using the "I'm with stupid" emoticon, btw... :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Back