Veritas Jointer fence??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes you could.

but it will not look as cool as this!

18_med.gif

8) 8)

adidat

Scouse":2r7wnfi2 said:
Veritas do another fence for regular bench planes, held on with rare earth magnets

http://www.axminster.co.uk/veritas-veri ... prod31015/

Not as cool as the Stanley though! 8)

Ah ha, I thought i'd seen one with magnets as opposed to screws :oops:, fancy me not checking the old faithful Axminster. You're right, not a cool looking as the Stanley but I imagine finding one could prove a problem, a very expensive problem!!

Thanks

Hi,

I don't think they made many joiner fences, possibly because they don't work well or with a bit of practise you don't need one.

Are you having problems?

Pete

IMO the benefit of the 386 was probably the ability to plain correct angles, which would have been the order of the day in a pattern makers workshop.

in reality it would be very simple to make something half decent with a set of tiny g cramps and a few bits of timber.

adidat

not problems as such, I'm thinking its more down to my sack of poo workbench top I made when I was 17 for cutting up and welding steel (made from 75mm angel and some 6x2 softwood, I will post some pics so you get the idea). It doesnt seem to matter how flat i plane the top everything still leans to one side so i have to try and compensate #-o ........ maybe its time to replace the whole bench........ (hammer)

Back