Veritas Honing guide

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nigel

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a silly question from an old novice
I have just received a new veritas Honing Guide and within the packaging is a self adhesive rubber patch the same size as the bed of the clamp
as I do not see the brass wheel getting a puncture I assume it is for the clamp bed but I am puzzled that Veritas did not fit it or is it an option for special blades and also if fitted you lose sight of the lines on the base which I would use to keep a blade square, am I missing something,

Hi Nigel,

I remember getting the rubber bit too. Never used it and the guide works well (for me) without it, although I'm sure there's a good use for it.

Rgds

Noel

I never got the patch - now I don't know if I should feel disadvantaged! Anyway seems to work without although if you are careless with too much pressure you can move the blade in the clamp (it rotates under the screw), probably the rubber was designed to stop that.

Nigel.. I attached mine to the brass foot figuring it'd help prevent any wear marks on the blades. It helps the grip when sharpening narrow chisels.

Back