Veritas custom bench planes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Established Member
Reaction score
Anybody got any experience of them? Obviously i've read through Derek's review. I was in Axi today and had a quick nosey - looked quite good, and quite competitive on price (5 1/2 for £260 as opposed to £290 for LN).

Cheers

Karl

Sawyer":3f6ad9nj said:
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=72875&cat=1%2C230%2C41182%2C48944 :D
Very good!

Doesn't say if they will offer this service in the UK.

Bod

I have a range of the LV BU models, different I know to the custom planes you seek advice on, however the materials used & build quality of these planes cannot be questioned, neither can the after care service, which I have first hand experience of.

I am confident you would not have any issue with the brand.

Good luck.

David

David - thanks. I've first hand experience of the LV planes, and have handled one of the custom castings in the Axi shop. Was just wondering if anybody out there had actually bought one and could offer an opinion, but it seems not!

Cheers

Karl

I haven't bought one, they are well out side my budget, but I have fondled them in the store. I really like the mushroom front knob. Derek Cohn did some work on the ergonomics of rear totes. It's worth while digesting his experience and thoughts.

Back