veritas bevel up smoother

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ydb, d'you know something we don't...? :D The only person I know has had his mitts on one is Lyn, but I've done my best not to read what he thinks of it in order to keep an open mind.

Cheers, Alf

<cranes neck to look out of the window for the UPS man>

<taps fingers on desk>

<sighs heavily>

<looks at the clock>

<cranes neck to look out of the window for the UPS man>

<taps fingers on desk>

<sighs heavily>

<looks at the calendar>

My program for the forseeable future. Not that I'm expecting much of it, you understand... :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Yes, I have tried waiting too. Not only for this from Rob for some curly Bubinga but for the lottery commission to deliver a check (I suppose cheque to y'all :) ).

But alas...

I guess I have to buy a ticket to win the lottery. Just don't know how to win a prize from Rob :lol: :lol: :lol: .

But I am waiting for a package from Patrick Leach...

Rob Lee":28fq5gub said:

Very interesting! I was about to comment that the mouth was non-adjustable, but I see that the mouth will be controlled by something other than the front knob. (evidenced by the hole in the casting between the knob boss and the mouth area) I'm envisioning something like the control for the LV BD frog, but turned around to control the mouth opening from the front.

Gotta go snooping & find some pics of the bottom of that casting.

Very cool! Gives one much to think about . . . . ;)

waterhead37":7yk6eziw said:
Mike,
Pictures please!

The avatar is/was the first glimpse...
Here's another...
pat_0001a.jpg

And larger...
http://www.wenzloffandsons.com/temp/pat_0001.jpg

And one of the rest of the soles...
pat_0002a.jpg

And larger...
http://www.wenzloffandsons.com/temp/pat_0002.jpg

Rob Lee":3ui8fqhl said:
Or - check your email for something you can't even talk about.... 8)
Oooo. Ahhhh. I seeeeeeeeee. Well, well. :-k

'Course, why you'd want to inflict your holiday snaps on me is anyone's guess...

Mike, c'est magnifique! :D

Cheers, Alf

waterhead37":8d6tlei7 said:
Nice pattermaker's interchangeable sole plane! So - what will you use it for Mike? Good for covings I guess.
I made a couple display cabinets with coopered doors for storage of their pieces that a client really liked.

But it was difficult smoothing the insides to my satisfaction.

Mainly the patternmaker's plane will be used for that purpose. But I have also made some keepsake boxes that have coopered lids and intend on making more of them. This is a Marple's--at least the cast steel irons are. Plane could be user made. Still has all the layout lines scribed on it and the soles. It's 12" long, 2" wide. Irons are 1 1/2" wide. Fairly tight mouth. All the sole's mouths line up perfectly.

Project Info:

Same client now wants a wine cabinet from some of the most beautiful cocobolo I picked up a few years ago that has just been sitting here waiting for the "right" project. It has two doors that are heavily curved on each side with a straight portion between them of about 12". The two doors curve around the sides somewhat.

The cocobolo will be all cut into veener with some secondary wood (most likely ebonized rosewood) that will be the solid edging etc. Purpleheart will be used for the racks proper. Curly sycamore is planed for lining the wine storage area, which will be lighted upon opening the doors.

The center section on top will have a lid that opens front to back, nice bevel antique mirror they found in France on the inside of the lid. There will be a removable copper dry sink inside it for placing dirty glasses.

I'll go take a picture of the cocobolo...Sorry for the flash.
Here's a close, small file. The links below are a bit larger.
cocobolo_0002a.jpg

The two taller pieces are about 40" tall, 6" wide and 2 1/2" thick. The shorter one is 35" tall, 4 3/4" wide and 1 1/2" thick.

http://www.wenzloffandsons.com/temp/cocobolo_0001.jpg
http://www.wenzloffandsons.com/temp/cocobolo_0002.jpg

ydb1md":2w86v4bx said:
(snip)
Gotta go snooping & find some pics of the bottom of that casting.

Very cool! Gives one much to think about . . . . ;)

Now that a bit of time has elapsed - is it appropriate to let you know that I picked the file names to "encourage" you to poke around??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just in case you did....there actually is one more photo (strategically placed about midway between 2 and 27....

Cheers -

Rob

Back