Veneers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveG

Reaction score
I’m just about to start getting some experience using veneers in my box making and wondered who is the best online supplier (reliability & cost) for small sheets of veneer.

For your purposes Craft Veneers will take some beating. You get to see a photo of the actual veneers you're buying, their quality is pretty good, and they're geared up for smaller quantities.

There may come a point where you want a much wider range and to physically choose in person exactly what you want. Then you should make a day of it and head to the UK's mecca of veneers, Capital Crispin, every woodworker should go there at last once in their lives.

https://www.capitalcrispin.com/veneers.php

For your purposes Craft Veneers will take some beating. You get to see a photo of the actual veneers you're buying, their quality is pretty good, and they're geared up for smaller quantities.

There may come a point where you want a much wider range and to physically choose in person exactly what you want. Then you should make a day of it and head to the UK's mecca of veneers, Capital Crispin, every woodworker should go there at last once in their lives.

https://www.capitalcrispin.com/veneers.php

Can you buy in small quantities from them though?

On the subject of veneer and box making, I recently watched a very interesting (and long!) video about veneering by an expert box-maker who recently joined this forum, this may be of interest

Ian Hawthorne’s YouTube series on veneered box making is probably the best out there - and free. His attention to detail is second to none and he covers every aspect in an easy to follow manner. He has a box kit that you can buy on-line that he assembles stage by stage in the videos. If you want to take up box making there is no better place to start on line, and during lockdown! His box hardware is probably the best out there - fineboxhardware.com

Ian Hawthorne’s YouTube series on veneered box making is probably the best out there - and free. His attention to detail is second to none and he covers every aspect in an easy to follow manner. He has a box kit that you can buy on-line that he assembles stage by stage in the videos. If you want to take up box making there is no better place to start on line, and during lockdown! His box hardware is probably the best out there - fineboxhardware.com

Will definitely be watching the whole lot!

I watched the whole series,very impressed with his skills at box making and instructing,to follow his methods you would need an awful lot of high end kit but to make high end boxes you need the right tooling.I am very impressed with the man and look forward to his posts.By the way Ian if you are reading this many thanks for making this series,best regards Kevin.

I’m just about to start getting some experience using veneers in my box making and wondered who is the best online supplier (reliability & cost) for small sheets of veneer.
Thanks to everyone who responded to my request ref veneers, including the responses on the subject of box making. I look forward to navigating my way through now that I have a compass. Cheers,
DaveG

Back