Veneered ply 1.5 mm supplier

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alickford

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been trying for days now to try and find a supplier of very thin veneered on both sides plywood.
Ideally I'm looking for a finished thickness of around 1.5mm with walnut or oak veneer. I've tried searching online and ringing loads of places, but no one has it or knows where to get it!

I've priced up buying the ply and veneer separately but becomes silly money. Anyone any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you in advance,

Alick

I've never see any, is it available?
Face veneer is normaly 0.7mm thick (as cut) so two veneers = 1.4mm that won't leave much room for any ply in the middle or you reduce the face veneer down so much that you'll see through it.
good luck in your search.

You might be better off trying model supply shops. Birch veneer ply is more common though. I know you can get 0.8mm and I think 1.5mm is available but it'll be in smaller pieces so may not be what you want.

Do you need plywood?

I think you can get 1.5mm thick veneers in various hardwoods. Someone on another forum certainly used thick oak veneer on a project a while back.

Bob

Jensmith":2hxzylxt said:
Capital Crispin have constructional veneers and some of them are 1.5mm

Jennifer, that is the supplier that I recall Robert using on the Wood Haven forum I mentioned earlier.

Bob

Back