Veneered panel and other supplies

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
I have bought panels recently from Richard Russell, following Jason's recommendations of the company - they seem fine and delivered very promptly (and for free!) but their selection did not include all the stuff I was looking for so I went surfing and came up with "Winwood". http://www.winwood-products.com/eng/tim ... panels.htm

I am in the process of making inquiries - despite the appearance of being a very large wholesaler, they do apparently offer stock in single sheets (dunno about prices yet)

They also seem to offer other interesting stuff.

Does anyone have experience of them?

Thanks,
Chris

What else were you looking for, Let me know. RR can do boards in any veneer that is available and a lot of other products that are not on their site.

Jason

Jason,
Thank you. I need a sheet of 18mm or 19mm birch ply veneered in Brazilian Mahogany. RR's web site indicated they had this sort of stuff but when I spoke a a salesman, he indicated they only have veneered MDF in any quantity (ie number of different choices) nowadays.

That would probably have to be a special which would bump the price up quite a bit especially if you only need the one sheet. Whats the largest piece you need to cut from the panel, could you not veneer them yourself?

Jason

Jason,

Yes, I suppose it would be a special as it is not listed, I guess I was hoping for a fairy wand? I am veneering my own panels at present (although the ones I am working on are show panels with a flame/curl figure and the veneered ply I am looking for only needs to be rotary or half round) and if the price were excessive I would certainly continue to do my own. My immediate need is for 48 x48 inches (ie half a sheet). If you think the price will be OTT I will just carry on veneering my own. It is just that by nature I am impatient and the journey through the Blackwall tunnel to Crispins, plus the two or three days spent veneering the panel keep lurking on my to-do list like the three witches!

Back