Veneered furniture grade ply in London ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giles55

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I live in Greenwich south London. I was wanting to know of suppliers who stock furniture grade veneered ply and mdf. I found one place; the mdf 19 mm 8x 4 sheets are 90 quid and the veneered birch ply was double that price ( all the main species, oak, black walnut, maple, ash etc are the same price)The veneers are 0.5 mm, I think it was double a grade. Anyhow I realise there are often little known suppliers who have better choices, better prices and don’t mind selling one or two sheets which they will even make one or two free cuts on. So where are the smart people going for their sheet goods, is it possible to find better prices?

Last edited:
It's happening all over. If you are not a long standing known customer then you will be shafted re price as there is a severe shortage for the trades at the moment. Even the trades feel as if they are being gouged

There seems to be quite a large variation in thickness and quality of the surface veneer. I bought s ome slightly cheaper veneered ply but I doubt the veneer is more than 0.3mm I can use it but trimming lippings is a bit nerve rackinging. Better quality should be 0.6 but then put through a speed sander so down to about 0.5mm. No idea on prices in Grenwich but around £120/sheet on birch ply in north west

There seems to be quite a large variation in thickness and quality of the surface veneer. I bought s ome slightly cheaper veneered ply but I doubt the veneer is more than 0.3mm I can use it but trimming lippings is a bit nerve rackinging. Better quality should be 0.6 but then put through a speed sander so down to about 0.5mm. No idea on prices in Grenwich but around £120/sheet on birch ply in north west
So that’s 120 quid a sheet for veneered birch ply?

Yes. Bought 6 sheets AA double sided 18mm oak veneered birch for 95 pound each at start of year. Bought 2 sheets AA double sided 12mm 2 months ago for 120. I know prices have gone bonkers in last 3 months

Yes. Bought 6 sheets AA double sided 18mm oak veneered birch for 95 pound each at start of year. Bought 2 sheets AA double sided 12mm 2 months ago for 120. I know prices have gone bonkers in last 3 months
Okay, I suppose anyone who knows of a good supplier in London doesn’t want to divulge the whereabouts.

Back