Veneer supplies. Long sheets, preferably rotary cut bubinga

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRITON

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Im looking at how supplies are for some of the above. It would need to be a minimum of 75" long, by as wide as poss. Anyone dealt with capital Crispin of late ?
Or can suggest any others they've bought from
I havent needed to buy veneer in years. I've some waterfall bubinga and some madrona burr in the cupboard, but neither are that long, maybe suitable for fitting out internally, but i need to clad a door.

Currently in the idea stage, ive not even got around to sketches yet. Got the approximate shape and how i want it to look*.

*I expect this to change :LOL:

Last lot of veneer i bought was structural western red cedar & Khaya mahogany from Reliance veneer company in Enfield, A friend who worked for a high end joinery company used to often visit them to pick veneers for projects, a good company to deal with.

Have a look at www.oakdalecrafts.co.uk. I see they have bubinga in 220 cm lengths. You will always have to join veneer on edge to get the width. I found them a super company to deal with.

It might be worthwhile looking at reconstituted or engineered veneers, but it depends how much you need I suppose. A couple of years ago I veneered roughly 75 - 80m² of long ( 2-2.5m) MDF panels using about 30 sheets of engineered walnut veneer, each sheet being ~2.7m X 650mm. I'm guessing you don't need much from what you've said, but for the engineered stuff names such as Eden Anglo veneers, Natural Wood Veneers, Exotic Veneers, and Mundy Veneer come to mind. It's been quite a while since I too dealt with Capital Crispin, but intermittently over a few decades I've always found them helpful, so I'd say it's worth giving them a call to see if they can help once you're needs are established. Slainte.

as Sgian dubh suggests, I have used Mundy and Capital Crispin both excellent companies to go through

I bought some American Black Walnut from Capital Crispin a few weeks ago. The guy I always deal with is Lawrence who is really helpful.

Have a look at www.oakdalecrafts.co.uk. I see they have bubinga in 220 cm lengths. You will always have to join veneer on edge to get the width. I found them a super company to deal with.
Unfortunately thats straight cut. Im looking for something highly decorative. Plus I would like the joins to look seamless which you're not going to get unless its a repeating pattern.
I could maybe make it look paneled with white lines in between if i went for burr. But I want to avoid it looking too deco, more postmodern.
It might be worthwhile looking at reconstituted or engineered veneers, but it depends how much you need I suppose. A couple of years ago I veneered roughly 75 - 80m² of long ( 2-2.5m) MDF panels using about 30 sheets of engineered walnut veneer, each sheet being ~2.7m X 650mm. I'm guessing you don't need much from what you've said, but for the engineered stuff names such as Eden Anglo veneers, Natural Wood Veneers, Exotic Veneers, and Mundy Veneer come to mind. It's been quite a while since I too dealt with Capital Crispin, but intermittently over a few decades I've always found them helpful, so I'd say it's worth giving them a call to see if they can help once you're needs are established. Slainte.
Thanks for those, I'll take a look at their sites and see whats on offer. :cool:

I bought some American Black Walnut from Capital Crispin a few weeks ago. The guy I always deal with is Lawrence who is really helpful.
Previously I've found Capital Crispin to be more the expensive option. But its not a huge bundle im after, and they have come through in the past so well have to see after ive examined a few options.

Last edited:
Back